Principal Software Engineer
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu IN
Job Number: 28157
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Informatica is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,350 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.
We are building a number of next generation MDM solutions as Customer 360, Reference 360, Product 360, Customer 360 Insights and many more. Our team uses advanced technologies such as Spark, Mongodb, Elasticsearch, Cloudera, Hortonworks and EMR distributions, Machine Learning and natural language processing techniques. We are a development team made up of team members from Bangalore, Toronto, Redwood City, Stuttgart and Chennai.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will be responsible for designing and implementing UI and Backend components that form the core of our various MDM solutions. This role will require experience designing and implementing highly scalable, customizable, extendible technical components that is high performing. This role will work with Program Managers, Product Architects, Product Managers, Dev and QA engineers on a day to day basis in designing and building technical components.
- Design highly scalable and performing reusable frameworks and components
- Be a hands-on developer for the assigned components and features
- Write unit tests and developer integration tests for the assigned components and features
- Provide engineering support to Customer Success, Support and Partner teams
Requirements & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in developing core components of an enterprise software product
- Experience working with UI frameworks such as React, Angular and jQuery required
- Strong development skills in Java using appropriate data structures & design patterns
- Experience working in J2EE technologies / REST based services like Spring Boot, Spring MVC is a big plus
- Strong track record of delivering enterprise products that are high-performing and scalable
- Experience working in MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark and other big data stack is an added advantage
- Experience working in cloud technologies and tools a strong plus
- Experience building frameworks a strong plus
- Strong commitment to delivering high quality code
- Proven ability to excel within a fast-paced development team
- Tier-1 educational background highly preferred
- Experience working in product companies highly preferred
State: Tamil Nadu
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chennai, Tamil Nadu IN