Senior UX designer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28158
Position Title: Senior User Experience Designer
Senior User Experience (UX) Designer - Bangalore
The Informatica User Experience (UX) team propels the design and usability of a broad spectrum of data-integration and data-management products. We are a globally diverse, world-class group of designers and researchers responsible for shaping user experiences and innovation initiatives company-wide. We are creative, collaborative, and fun to work with, and believe in recruiting the best. We care deeply about work-life balance and growing careers.
Informatica Master Data Management enables companies to consolidate and manage critical data, scattered across the enterprise, to a single point of reference. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica’s MDM software to reduce costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across their organizations.
MDM is one of the fastest growing product lines at Informatica. As a Senior UX Designer you will be at the forefront of designing user interfaces and experiences for an exciting, rapidly evolving, and strategic space. You will work directly with colleagues in MDM Product management, Development, and UX, located in Bangalore as well as worldwide locations.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a talented, multi-dimensional designer, skilled at applying user-centered design principles and techniques; and experienced at designing enterprise applications. You know how to work effectively with other UX designers, UX researchers, product managers, and developers to collaboratively design usable solutions and validate them with customers and end users. You also like taking on interesting challenges and digging deep into domain knowledge, as you balance business and technology constraints to envision complex usage scenarios, create data visualizations, and quickly design concepts and wireframes to address user needs.
The successful candidate will work at our Bangalore campus and will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering UX designs while working closely with cross-functional teams
- Helping to plan and conduct stakeholder interviews and design workshops
- Synthesizing results from user research into coherent designs
- Creating information architectures, task flows, user interaction models, wireframe screen flows, prototypes, detailed designs, design briefs, design specifications and guidelines with little direction
- Influencing product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers
- Fostering a fun, creative, collaborative spirit
What you have
- 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for web-based products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related discipline (UX, HCI, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, etc.)
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your design talent including conceptual models, navigation and user flows, information design, and mock-ups
- Strong knowledge and understanding of user-centered design in product development
- Proven ability to generate end-to-end designs - from concept through production detailing
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, documentation and other UX professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency with wireframing and prototyping tools, such as Axure, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience using user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product direction
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in user experience design for enterprise software
- Technical background, specifically with respect to data management like data integration, data warehousing, master data management, or similar is a great advantage
- Good understanding of large, complex systems
- Experience in designing for cloud-based application services
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior UX designer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN