Lead Technical Writer
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu IN
Job Number: 28160
Position Title: Lead Technical Writer
We’re currently looking for an experienced Principal Technical Writer to join our team.
As a Principal Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating effective product documentation, videos, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, and product managers, and other doc team members to create great user-facing content.
In the role of Principal Technical Writer, you will be an influential member of the larger documentation team and will collaborate and excel within the team and cross functionally. You will strive to create content that helps increase customer adoption of products and seek opportunities to improve existing content.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Write highly technical content that describes the product functionality
- Compile and test online help
- Create project plans, maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to documentation manager or lead
- Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
- Work with the user experience team to deliver meaningful error messages and useful UI strings
- Contribute how-to articles, knowledge base articles, videos, walkthroughs, and other useful content
- Contribute to documentation team processes
- Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Mentor new writers and less experienced writers
- Lead projects that might include other technical writers
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to quickly learn technical information
- Able to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules
- Able to develop and fine-tune documentation processes
- Able customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality p
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of data management, relational and/or No SQL database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
State: Tamil Nadu
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Writer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chennai, Tamil Nadu IN