Lead Technical Writer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28161
Position Title: Lead Technical Writer
We’re currently looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating effective product documentation, videos, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, and product managers, and other doc team members to create great user-facing content.
In the role of Technical Writer, you will be an influential member of the larger documentation team and will collaborate and excel within the team and cross-functionally. You will strive to create content that helps increase customer adoption of products and seek opportunities to improve existing content.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Write highly technical content that describes the product functionality
- Compile and test online help
- Create project plans, maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to the respective manager or lead
- Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
- Work with the user experience team to deliver meaningful error messages and useful UI strings
- Contribute how-to articles, knowledge base articles, videos, walkthroughs, and other useful content
- Contribute to documentation team processes
- Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Mentor new writers and less experienced writers
- Lead projects that might include other technical writers
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to quickly learn technical information
- Able to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules
- Able to develop and fine-tune documentation processes
- Able customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality p
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of data management, relational and/or No SQL database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Writer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN