Lead Technical Writer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28163
Position Title: Lead Technical Writer
The Informatica Documentation team documents all Informatica products. The documentation team also manages the Informatica How-To Library, where customers can download articles that dig deeper into features and products. We work closely with Dev, QA, and support teams to develop product documents and enhance customer experience. We contribute to the GCS Knowledge Base as well. We are a dynamic global team spread across geographies to serve our customers internally as well as externally.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong record of achievement to join the documentation team as a Writer. As a Writer, you are expected to play a major role in the planning and development of our product documentation.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside energetic software developers, QA engineers, and support engineers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has excellent writing and strong project management skills.
- Is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Is able to understand the global impact of his/her actions, meet deadlines, and take calculative risks.
- Has proven track record of collaboration with engineering members.
- Has knowledge on doc processes and doc tools.
- Has independently executed and managed projects.
- Has the ability to understand technical concepts, customer requirements, and translate that information into documents.
- Has excellent leadership skills and should be able to coach junior writers and enhance their writing skills.
- Ensure that documentation meets Informatica's commitment to quality by performing the following types of edits:
o Technical: Verify completeness and accuracy of technical content.
o Assessment: Assess the overall framework, including structure, voice, and style of the document.
o Developmental: Review the content and the individual units in the document, including paragraphs, sentences, and words.
o Copy: Screen the document to verify final details, including capitalization, punctuation, and style.
- Ensure that writers follow the Informatica Style Guide.
- Come up with process changes and lead department-wide initiatives/tasks.
- Conduct workshops for educating writers on best practices related to style and grammar.
- Develop writers through coaching and mentoring on language and style issues.
- Keep manager well-informed about the progress of writers.
- 6 to 12 years of relevant writing and editing experience.
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills.
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with structured writing techniques.
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and help others meet them.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules.
- Helps develop and fine-tune documentation processes.
- Understands the customer requirements and ensures that it's implemented into the documentation.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems.
- B.Tech/BE/BA/MA/BS/MS (Engineering, humanities, social sciences).
Candidate should also possess knowledge of the following:
- Experience with any content management systems (Trisoft).
- Experience with Agile development cycles.
- Knowledge of DITA specializations, style sheets, XSLT transformations.
- Experience of working with a translation team to produce PDFs and online help in multiple languages.
- Experience of writing and editing for DBA audience (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and DB2).
- Experience of working on databases, SQL, Eclipse, XML, application servers, ERP, CRM, and data warehousing.
- Experience using XML authoring tools, FrameMaker, and Web Works Publisher.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Writer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN