Lead Technical Writer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28163
Position Title: Lead Technical Writer
The Informatica Documentation team documents all Informatica products. The documentation team also manages the Informatica How-To Library, where customers can download articles that dig deeper into features and products. We work closely with Dev, QA, and support teams to develop product documents and enhance customer experience. We contribute to the GCS Knowledge Base as well. We are a dynamic global team spread across geographies to serve our customers internally as well as externally.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong record of achievement to join the documentation team as a Writer. As a Writer, you are expected to play a major role in the planning and development of our product documentation.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside energetic software developers, QA engineers, and support engineers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has excellent writing and strong project management skills.
- Is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Is able to understand the global impact of his/her actions, meet deadlines, and take calculative risks.
- Has proven track record of collaboration with engineering members.
- Has knowledge on doc processes and doc tools.
- Has independently executed and managed projects.
- Has the ability to understand technical concepts, customer requirements, and translate that information into documents.
- Has excellent leadership skills and should be able to coach junior writers and enhance their writing skills.
- Ensure that documentation meets Informatica's commitment to quality by performing the following types of edits:
o Technical: Verify completeness and accuracy of technical content.
o Assessment: Assess the overall framework, including structure, voice, and style of the document.
o Developmental: Review the content and the individual units in the document, including paragraphs, sentences, and words.
o Copy: Screen the document to verify final details, including capitalization, punctuation, and style.
- Ensure that writers follow the Informatica Style Guide.
- Come up with process changes and lead department-wide initiatives/tasks.
- Conduct workshops for educating writers on best practices related to style and grammar.
- Develop writers through coaching and mentoring on language and style issues.
- Keep manager well-informed about the progress of writers.
- 6 to 12 years of relevant writing and editing experience.
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills.
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with structured writing techniques.
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and help others meet them.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules.
- Helps develop and fine-tune documentation processes.
- Understands the customer requirements and ensures that it's implemented into the documentation.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems.
- B.Tech/BE/BA/MA/BS/MS (Engineering, humanities, social sciences).
Candidate should also possess knowledge of the following:
- Experience with any content management systems (Trisoft).
- Experience with Agile development cycles.
- Knowledge of DITA specializations, style sheets, XSLT transformations.
- Experience of working with a translation team to produce PDFs and online help in multiple languages.
- Experience of writing and editing for DBA audience (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and DB2).
- Experience of working on databases, SQL, Eclipse, XML, application servers, ERP, CRM, and data warehousing.
- Experience using XML authoring tools, FrameMaker, and Web Works Publisher.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Writer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN