Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28168
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in middleware/framework level software development to join our team in Redwood City, California.
The connector product team is responsible for research, development and delivery of connectivity needs to the Informatica Platform that is at the core of Informatica’s products. The adapters need to not only be highly performing, scalable and extensible, but also needs to provide differentiated and advanced features such as change data capture, push down optimization, filtering and update strategy to name a few.
As our Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering new products/product features in an environment that spans all flavors of Unix/Windows operating systems. You will work across multiple product lines and deliver solutions that benefit customers. In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- Java/Scala, Linux scripting, container technologies like Docker/Kubernets and AWS/Azure/GCP
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Developing a scalable architecture that is easy to deploy both on-premise and the cloud for the connectivity platform
- Develop components or features as part of a development team
- Collaborating with several cross functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers
- Participate in design and code reviews and provide timely feedback
- Proactively research and investigate external products and technologies identifying emerging trends and revise software development best practices to take advantage of these
- Work closely with our Global Customer Support teams to address critical customer issues
- Work closely with R&D counterparts and key stake holders for onboarding onto the connectivity platform
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to team members
- Work with Support Cloud Operation team on production upgrade
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least 3 years of experience
- Strong experience in Java programming
- Demonstrated experience developing large enterprise scale distributed, high performance platforms
- Experience building, onboarding and maintaining metadata repositories and data management platforms is essential
- Experience through the entire platform development lifecycle, building platforms from the ground up, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption of products and customers on the platform.
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical decisions and discuss complex technical details with cross-functional teams, executives and external partners
- Experience delivering products on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Knowledge on secure development practices
What We’d Like to See
- Experience with Scala, Linux scripting, container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes and cloud architectures
- knowledge of Spark, Hadoop and Big Data technologies
- Working knowledge on technologies around persistence, search, graph and distributed technologies.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US