Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28168
Position Title: Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with experience in middleware/framework level software development to join our team in Redwood City, California.
The connector product team is responsible for research, development and delivery of connectivity needs to the Informatica Platform that is at the core of Informatica’s products. The adapters need to not only be highly performing, scalable and extensible, but also needs to provide differentiated and advanced features such as change data capture, push down optimization, filtering and update strategy to name a few.
As our Software Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering new products/product features in an environment that spans all flavors of Unix/Windows operating systems. You will work across multiple product lines and deliver solutions that benefit customers. In the role of Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- Java/Scala, Linux scripting, container technologies like Docker/Kubernets and AWS/Azure/GCP
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Developing a scalable architecture that is easy to deploy both on-premise and the cloud for the connectivity platform
- Develop components or features as part of a development team
- Collaborating with several cross functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers
- Participate in design and code reviews and provide timely feedback
- Proactively research and investigate external products and technologies identifying emerging trends and revise software development best practices to take advantage of these
- Work closely with our Global Customer Support teams to address critical customer issues
- Work closely with R&D counterparts and key stake holders for onboarding onto the connectivity platform
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to team members
- Work with Support Cloud Operation team on production upgrade
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least 2 + years of experience
- Strong experience in Java programming
- Demonstrated experience developing large enterprise scale distributed, high performance platforms
- Experience building, onboarding and maintaining metadata repositories and data management platforms is essential
- Experience through the entire platform development lifecycle, building platforms from the ground up, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption of products and customers on the platform.
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical decisions and discuss complex technical details with cross-functional teams, executives and external partners
- Experience delivering products on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Knowledge on secure development practices
What We’d Like to See
- Experience with Scala, Linux scripting, container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes and cloud architectures
- knowledge of Spark, Hadoop and Big Data technologies
- Working knowledge on technologies around persistence, search, graph and distributed technologies.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US