Senior Product Manager
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28173
Position Title: Product Manager 4
Product Manager – Informatica Cloud
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
Informatica is the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. Informatica Cloud is the growth engine for Informatica in the coming years with various capabilities involving Mass Ingestion, Data Integration, Application Integration, Data Quality, Data Catalog, Master Data Management among other cloud native microservices. Our industry leading Cloud Mass Ingestion and Cloud Data Integration technologies--along with our partners--have helped fuel incredible growth over the last five years. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to grow our Cloud Mass Ingestion solution.
In this newly created role, you will help shape the direction of Cloud Mass Ingestion/ Data Integration product portfolio that enables us to further our leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market. You will:
- Be the product manager for Cloud Mass Ingestion service.
- Set product direction, drive roadmap, drive customer adoption, collaborating with cloud ecosystems like AWS, Azure, Google cloud, Databricks and ensuring successful deployments for Informatica’s Cloud Mass Ingestion.
- Work with product engineering to define product requirements and deliver the product roadmap
- Work across multiple disciplines – User Experience, presales, sales, professional services, customer success and support - and collaborate with talented peers to fashion compelling and differentiated products.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have prior product management experience and a deep technical background with Cloud, Data Engineering and Data integration. You feel comfortable being hands-on with complex diverse technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse customer base, and can expand adoption across different channels and partner ecosystems. You are a cross-functional person who will work collaboratively with architecture and product engineering teams, Informatica’s marketing, sales and services staff, and product marketing to drive sales success and results for the Big Data products. You will also work with product managers in other product lines to ensure their products work seamlessly in the cloud native data ingestion & integration use cases. You enjoy working with customers, partners, sales, engineers, and anyone else you need to achieve business success. You are capable to build a vibrant user community to drive product awareness, adoption, revenue, reference, and success.
• Work closely with key customers and partners to understand the use cases for Cloud Mass Ingestion solutions, gaining a deep understanding of their goals and requirements.
• Clearly communicate the value proposition and differentiation of Informatica’ s Cloud offerings to our customers
• Keep up to date with the rapidly evolving technologies in the Cloud space and understand the relevance and impact to Informatica’s products
• Author detailed “whole” solution requirements including requirements for Cloud Mass Ingestion.
• Serve as the voice of the customer in building product functionality that is fit for purpose
• Collaborate with other product managers to ensure seamless operation between components and technologies
• Engage with partners to manage product offerings across hosted and on-premise ecosystems
• Work closely with R&D to drive product priorities and ensure the right set of functionalities for an enterprise class, industry leading product
• Identify needs and develop materials for rapid and effective field enablement
• Provide content for product collaterals, technical white papers and other material needed to ensure fast and successful adoption of the product by customers
• Perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research
• Contribute to the development of the overall product strategy, product roadmap, and business plan for the solution
• Drive user based community and help in enablement for system integrators, internal field and customers.
• 3 or more years in cloud native service product management or equivalent roles with activity spanning participation in conducting competitive analysis, writing detailed requirement specifications, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, and authoring technical white papers
• Experience in enterprise applications, mass ingestion and data integration
• Strong experience on Cloud Ecosystem(AWS,AZURE,GCP, Databricks) and ingestion technologies.
• Prior experience in driving user based community and customer adoption.
• Prior experience in driving expansion of an enterprise software product across partner ecosystems and channels, including on-premise and cloud ecosystem.
• Demonstrated success working with external partner teams
• Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties within Informatica and external partners to deliver a product
• Experience in driving the success of both mature, stable products as well as new and innovative product concepts
• Ability to gather and prioritize requirements, develop detailed requirements, review functional specifications, participate in functional reviews
• Working knowledge of products and technologies in the Cloud, Ingestion and Data Integration markets
• Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
• Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; detail oriented
• Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
• Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• Willing to travel (approximately 15%) for customer visits and trade shows, as well as visit Informatica offices worldwide
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Manager
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN