Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28178
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with experience in software design and development of large-scale distributed enterprise application and platform services to join our Cloud Data Integration team in Bangalore, India.
As our Principal Software Engineer and as part of agile team member, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and building the next generation microservices based cloud platform using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Saleforce.com, Microsoft Azure and Docker, to provide non-disruptive cloud data integration service to our customers
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Responsible for Performance and scalability of the features
- Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team, compose and review the feature design documents
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing and review QA test specifications
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stake holders to show progress against requirements
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java and C++(minimal)
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patternsWhat We’d Like to See
- Development experience in microservices based architecture.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN