Director, Product Operations
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28200
Position Title: Director, Project Management
The Director of Product Operations is responsible for leading the product operations discipline across all Informatica product streams and manage initiatives of strategic importance to the organization. This leader will be an integral part of our Strategy & Operations team supporting the Product organization for all cross-product initiatives. This role works with key partners in all functions including Engineering, Business Operations, Marketing, & others, to define and drive product operational excellence. This position will work alongside the SVPs, VPs and leaders of Product, interact with leaders across Informatica globally, and be directly responsible for leading strategic initiatives.
The Product Operations Director must have excellent facilitation skills and a track record of driving and sustaining behavioral change. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all portfolio operations partnering with product managers for planning, execution, reporting and budget management. You will manage multiple strategic cross-functional initiatives that could include, but are not limited to, product release alignment, requirements, product build, training, legal, marketing, commercialization/go-to-market activities. Additional tasks could include providing regular status reporting, product roadmap updates, supporting the change management process, assisting with annual planning, managing QBRs and cross-functional interlocks and other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex interdependent product lines.
- Effectively manage the operations of all product portfolio initiatives, partnering with the product leaders to execute reliably and consistently
- Establish appropriate cadence and drive operation meetings including extended staff
- Leverage strong product-operations/project-management industry expertise and collaboration skills to identify required activities and successfully deliver product and strategic initiative outcomes
- Drive Quarterly interlock meetings between Product, Operations, Marketing, Ecosystem, Pre-sales, Management etc.
- Drive monthly PM/UX Forums globally
- Own and Manage the Release Roadmap Master Calendar
- Orchestrate overall portfolio execution in collaboration with individual program/project managers; Consistently follow-through with senior leadership and all stakeholders
- Report and escalate issues, with mitigation and path to resolution
- Identify risks, perform risk analysis, effectively manage risks; proactively raise prioritization and scheduling tradeoff decisions, escalating and identifying alternate options as appropriate
- Help the Business Operations team work closely with Finance and each of the functional leaders across the company (Marketing, Customer Support, and Sales & Service) to provide data-driven insights, drive operational efficiencies and to link operating activities to financial results
- Collaborate with Product Leaders to manage key performance metrics & identify Continuous Improvements opportunities for existing processes
- 15+ years’ experience as product operations manager, product/program/project manager, managing product releases of complex enterprise software
- Ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and experience with product operations, project planning, execution, supporting go-to-market and collaboration with cross functional, global project teams
- A Leader and a Team player who is able to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization globally. Must possess an ability to build key business relationships
- Program management experience & expert planning skills are a must
- Strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, change management, and mentoring skills
- PMP certified with current credentials and Experience in Agile environment is preferred
- Experience presenting to executive leaders
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Knowledge of enterprise software development required; data management software experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices. Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically and support data-driven decision making especially around financial planning
- Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Bachelors’ degree in STEM is required; MBA preferred
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Product Operations
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KP1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US