Enterprise Solution Consultant
Location: New York City, New York US
Job Number: 28212
Position Title: Senior Solutions Consultant
This role is located in greater NYC/NJ Metro
Primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may
In our Enterprise Market Segment, you will work closely with existing customers as well as prospective new customers across all industries ranging from 5 billion to 20 billion in annual revenue. You will partner closely with Account Managers to develop account and technical solution strategies and will be directly responsible for driving the technical strategy forward to closure. Candidates should be prepared to operate independently as hands-on technologists and collaboratively to do things like develop Cloud-first reference architectures and custom demonstrations leveraging Informatica Solutions and Cloud Ecosystem Services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Account Manager to qualify and do discovery around sales opportunities, to influence and develop sales account strategy, and to position technology around competitive threats and alternatives.
- Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our solutions and products, effectively communicate the key core value proposition, and key differentiators, and to confirm Informatica technical viability for the opportunity
- Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects of RFIs and RFPs, identifies competitive landscape, expected competitive behavior, and known competitive preferences.
- As the owner of the technical sales process, owns and manages the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection and technical closure with the customer (technical presentations, POCs, demos…)
- Collaborates with Implementation Team and Customer Success to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Implementation Provider (Partner/IPS) or Success Managers.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. contact information, opportunity details, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Attends and completes in person, on demand, and online enablement for Sales and/or Presales as needed.
- Routinely explains and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers up to and including large global institutions, including Informatica’s most complex accounts.
- At this level, the incumbent may contribute feedback, materials, information that improves the quality of the SC community, contribute to Regional Sales and/or Presales specific programs, and mentor lesser scoped/experienced SC staff.
- Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning eg. SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats)
- Recognized as a spokesperson who actively seeks opportunities for speaking engagements at conferences, partner events, and user groups and may also have work published.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
- Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
City: New York City
Alternative Location(s) : New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Solution Consultant
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York City, New York US