Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28255
Position Title: Senior Manager, Development
Informatica’s Connectivity group is responsible for Informatica’s ever expanding data connectivity needs. It’s ‘Universal Connectivity’ theme drives Informatica’s vendor neutrality claim and serves as one of the key differentiators over our competitors. Informatica connectors provide connectivity to a wide variety of interfaces, prominent among them being Cloud Systems, Relational systems, Data warehouse appliances, Hadoop connectors, Web service endpoints and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft).
The connector product team is responsible for research, development and delivery of connectivity needs to the Informatica Platform that is at the core of Informatica’s products. The connectors need to not only be highly performing, scalable and extensible, but also needs to provide differentiated and advanced features such as change data capture, push down optimization, filtering and update strategy to name a few.
Connectivity is foundational to Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform on which all Informatica products are built. We are looking for a Senior Development Manager with proven record of developing and delivering enterprise grade software. The candidate should have excellent management and delivery skills combined with several years of hands-on experience in Java Enterprise Software Development. One who can collaborate with different teams to deliver the product on time with great quality. Should be self-motivated who can work with least amount of supervision and be a champion for the development team. Lead a team of highly talented developers driving and delivering a cutting-edge platform working closely with sales, product managers, professional services. This is your opportunity to accelerate and deliver a highly scalable hybrid cloud and on-premise platform leveraging the latest big data and cloud technologies. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with cross functional teams, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the core platform.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Managing and leading development team towards new releases for both the Cloud and On-Premise products.
- To work closely with Software Engineers and Architects to come up with technical design, estimates and release plans.
- Collaborate effectively with peers, including: Backend/Services managers, QA managers, Architects, Product Managers, UX/VX Leads, Program Managers and Documentation Managers.
- Provide technical leadership focusing on research & development of new solutions while enhancing and maintaining existing products.
- Leading the teams towards release goals by adopting and following Agile software development methodologies.
- Working with Customer Support organization to deliver Hot Fixes, Emergency Bug Fixes and patches as needed.
- Helping to develop high-performing team by participating in hiring of engineers and conduct performance reviews for direct reports.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to the team members.
- Reporting to the Director of Development on all aspects of product development
- Delivering the features/product on time with good quality.
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stakeholders to show progress against requirements
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Responsible for performance and scalability of the features
- Bachelor’s, or Master’s, or above degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products, of which 5+ years was in management role.
- A track record of delivering multi-year Enterprise software products, including upgrades and maintenance packs.
- Experience conducting performance reviews and developing engineers.
- Hands on experience with Java/Scala, container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON and cloud architectures
- Experience through the entire platform development lifecycle, building platforms from the ground up, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption of products and customers on the platform.
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical decisions and discuss complex technical details with cross-functional teams, executives and external partners
- Experience delivering products on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience in managing development in Cloud, Big Data and distributed technologies.
- Exposure to applications like Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Salesforce, Workday, QlikView, etc. will be a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Good interpersonal skills, including interactions with executive management.
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN