VP Global Corporate Sales
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 28272
Position Title: VP, Inside Sales
The Vice President of Global Inside Sales is responsible for generating qualified opportunities for the sales organization primarily through outbound prospecting. The team plays a vital role in both pipeline creation and revenue generation and is on the front line of engaging with Informatica customers and prospects.
Based in our Austin TX office, this executive supports a global team of sales professionals with a focus on commercial, enterprise and strategic business segments. Organizationally, this position will oversee a sales group consisting of a strong leadership team who manage, coach and measure inside sales reps and sales development reps. The executive must display leadership qualities that will help them grow into a key player of the organization. Additionally, the executive will have excellent communication skills, while talking to our customers and prospects, our internal executives as well as when working collaboratively with their peers. Strong leadership and sound business acumen are key competencies for this position.
You will lead the global inside sales and sales development teams for the company as they engage with customers and prospects daily via phone and email to identify new contacts and sales-ready opportunities. You will set team goals, hire, train, and develop team members, and work closely with sales and marketing leaders. You will motivate, lead, mentor and guide the team to achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and revenue goals, improve process efficiencies and deliver on other well-defined objectives. You should be disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability and meets sales targets and operational standards.
- Report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
- Lead the team to meet and exceed their targets by generating a sales pipeline multiplier, accelerating active opportunities and driving to close while growing existing client relationships
- Measure, monitor and report on key drivers and metrics of the business and report out on them monthly with recommendations for improvement based on results
- Drive a consistent sales process and inspect adherence while managing performance and productivity issues
- Build a purposeful sales plan with a bold ambition to identify and capitalize on transformational shifts in the market.
- Work closely with product marketing, sales, field marketing, pre-sales, and alliances
- Strategize with sales and marketing counterparts on pipeline and prospecting initiatives that meet company objectives and ensure pipeline quality
- Work closely with marketing to develop demand creation campaigns and promotional programs and drive successful execution
- Build a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves by representing the company at industry conferences and events and have a social media presence to increase brand awareness and promote team successes.
- Develop a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization through the creation and execution of career development and leadership plans.
- Ensure the sales team is coming to work every day with purpose, energy and a clear sense of the task at hand.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; lead solution sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing and average deal sizes YoY.
- Work with the management team and enablement to provide new hires with the necessary training, coaching and guidance to ensure continued success
- Maintain and improve a successful and positive culture that is evidenced by low attrition, high employee morale and exceptional individual and team performance.
- 10+ years of related experience: Senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
- 8+ years successful Business Development / Lead Generation experience
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding measurable goals in a highly automated metrics- based phone prospecting environment
- Prior experience generating pipeline for SaaS/cloud business at a reputable company
- Proven track record of building and managing professional inside sales teams in a high performing, rapidly growing environment
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking to provide solutions to prospective clients
- Proven ability to join and support reps on sales calls while coaching them on effective sales processes
- Knowledge of business organization structures, buying influences and purchasing processes
- Experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results
- Ability to hire, ramp, lead and motivate sales teams around high performance
- Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas
- Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
- Meaningful prior sales leader experience at data services or cloud services company.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Sales, complex sales training (e.g., Sandler, Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, SalesLoft, Marketo and Seismic a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: VP Global Corporate Sales
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US