Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28278
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
Informatica’s Master Data Management (MDM) product group builds products that deliver consolidated and reliable business-critical data to improve business operations. This single view of data, also known as master data across the enterprise, helps in empowering employees to effectively address business priorities. Several leading firms within the BFSI industry, healthcare, and energy rely on MDM products to drive key business imperatives like increased revenue, profits, and ROI
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on high-performance products. You will work on testing new products/product features in an environment that is deployed on the Cloud. You will work on delivering a quality product that benefits customers.
Quality testing includes:
- Responding to reported problems and verifying the same.
- Execute tests, analyze test failures, and suggest potential fixes to bugs found during release testing.
- Own, test, and certify subsystems of the product.
- Deliver high-quality products.
- Work in a global team environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an independent, innovative, and resourceful QA engineer with advanced problem-solving skills, a high degree of competency in certifying enterprise software products for customer delivery, and enjoy working in a fast-paced product development organization. You are a quick learner, passionate, and experienced in testing components that are part of the distributed server infrastructure.
As part of the Quality testing team, you will be responsible for:
- Act as a QA representative performing duties as an individual contributor or a team member with 100% hands-on work
- Generate test data, develop and execute test plans for black-box functional and non-functional testing
- Work with R&D and QA in different geographical locations and time zones to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work closely with QA and DEV Manager for continuous process improvement
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities to ensure automation is covered for all cases as part of every release
- Design, develop and maintain the test cases for end to end testing in product
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA peers and other stakeholders in the organization
- Strong academic background - BE/MS/MCA in Computer Science.
- 4+ years of QA experience.
- OOPs concept, AOP concepts, Java, Rest API, Scripting languages
- QA framework development experience is a must. Rest API based or UI
- Flexible to learn and explore new tech stack for framework development
- Code Coverage tools and Dev Code Debugging skills experience is must
- Experience with the testing framework using Jmeter is a strong plus
- Experience with testing either CRM software(Salesforce, Siebel, etc) or cloud technologies, Microservice architecture, High availability is a strong plus
- Strong background in product testing particularly with large-scale enterprise products is desirable.
- Prior experience in testing MDM/DWH/ETL products a strong plus.
- New age DB technologies like document DB’s (Mongo, Document DB)
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC and QA methodologies, procedures, and QA documentation.
- Familiar with all aspects of QA including functional, compatibility, load balancing and performance testing
- Experience in implementing complex functional tests that require an understanding of the application logic
- Experience working with Partners and across Organizations would be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent logical, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The capability of working with a wide range of complex computing environment
- Willingness and ability to work on fast-paced projects
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN