Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28284
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Informatica’s Connectivity group is responsible for Informatica’s ever expanding data connectivity needs. It’s ‘Universal Connectivity’ theme drives Informatica’s vendor neutrality claim and serves as one of the key differentiators over our competitors. Informatica connectors provide connectivity to a wide variety of interfaces, prominent among them being Cloud Systems AWS, Azure and Google cloud, Relational systems, Data warehouse appliances, Hadoop connectors, Web service endpoints and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft).
The Adapter product team is responsible for research, development and delivery of connectivity needs to the Informatica Platform that is at the core of Informatica’s products. The adapters need to not only be highly performing, scalable and extensible, but also needs to provide differentiated and advanced features such as change data capture, push down optimization, filtering and update strategy to name a few.
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the development of high-performance products. You will work on delivering new products/product features in an environment that spans all flavors of Unix/Windows operating systems. You will work across multiple product lines and deliver solutions that benefit customers.
Research and development include areas such as:
- Influence and champion Connectivity frameworks (Software Development Kits) to enable productive development of Connectivity solutions. This would include frameworks necessary on our Development Tools as well as our Runtime-platform side.
- Influence product direction and architecture while developing our next generation Connectivity solutions. There is a significant future architectural direction (based on model-driven architecture) and this position involves influencing, defining and refining this for the needs of this product area.
- Sustaining product base by responding to reported problems, investigating the cause and working out solutions.
- Supporting Product Management on POC’s and Customer engagements.
- Provide technical leadership focusing on research & development of new solutions while enhancing and maintaining existing products.
- Deliver high quality products.
- Product extensibility, including SDK/API definition for metadata, data and management components of products.
Our Ideal Candidate
One who has advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that will allow one to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. One who constantly thinks of innovating and creating great products and features that will solve real customer needs.
As part of the Development team, you will be responsible for:
- Active participation in Designing new products and features
- Development of components or features as part of the development team
- Take the products/features through the full software development life cycle and deliver compelling customer experiences
- Mentor junior members in the team
- Proactively research and investigate external products and technologies identifying emerging trends and revise software development best practices to take advantage of these
- Help architects and management staff envision product direction
- Perform an advisory role in several features of a release
- Pro-actively review and ensure best design and implementation of features within the team
- Strong academic background – B.E/MS/PhD in Computer Science from top schools.
- Strong background in product development particularly in middle-ware / framework level software. Good focus on performance and design issues and expertise with building large-scale enterprise products is desirable.
- 5-7 years of Enterprise Software Development experience with a strong technical background of complex software product development – at a Software Engineer level or higher.
- Strong experience in Java, Spark and Hadoop an advantage.
- Capability of working with a wide range of complex computing environment
- Ability to apply abstract concepts and innovative ideas to business problems
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN