Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28341
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack with experience in software design and development of large-scale enterprise application and platform services to join our Informatic Cloud Team in Redwood City, CA.
As a Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack and as part of agile team member, you will be responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Governance and other Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use
- JAVA SDK, J2EE Spring Framework, REST, JSON.
- Build tools such as Gradle, Maven, npm, webpack, rollup
- AWS/Azure/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, mySQL, flyway, chef
What You’ll Do
- Design and build the next generation microservices based cloud products using cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Kubernetes, to provide non-disruptive cloud data service to our customers
- Lead the full-stack feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Responsible for Performance and scalability of the features
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing and review QA test specifications
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stake holders to show progress against requirements
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements (J2EE Spring Framework, REST etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in the DB layer (e.g. schema design and updates, migration)
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US