Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28341
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack with experience in software design and development of large-scale enterprise application and platform services to join our Informatic Cloud Team in Redwood City, CA.
As a Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack and as part of agile team member, you will be responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Governance and other Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use
- JAVA SDK, J2EE Spring Framework, REST, JSON.
- Build tools such as Gradle, Maven, npm, webpack, rollup
- AWS/Azure/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, mySQL, flyway, chef
What You’ll Do
- Design and build the next generation microservices based cloud products using cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Kubernetes, to provide non-disruptive cloud data service to our customers
- Lead the full-stack feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Responsible for Performance and scalability of the features
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing and review QA test specifications
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stake holders to show progress against requirements
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements (J2EE Spring Framework, REST etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in the DB layer (e.g. schema design and updates, migration)
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US