Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28361
Position Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer with strong hands-on experience with Kubernetes & Cloud continuous deployment pipeline to join our team in Bangalore, India.
The Cloud Data Engineering DevOps team is responsible for the development and delivery of a continuous deployment pipeline. As our Principal Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop our cloud deployment platform by containerizing microservices and leveraging Kubernetes to manage deployments with the goal of ensuring zero-downtime, high security, high availability, performance, scalability of production systems across AWS, Azure and GCP cloud ecosystems. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Design and develop a cloud deployment platform to ensure zero-downtime, security, availability, performance, scalability of production systems.
- Develop advanced tooling for CI/CD operations to support deployments across multiple environments across cloud ecosystems in different geographies.
- Troubleshoot complex production issues, including performance and functional issues
- Work closely with microservice developers, security and platform engineers to spread knowledge and best practices of self-service infrastructure
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and optimize for efficiency.
- Authoring technical documentation for workflows/processes/best practices.
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed.
Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- Python/Java/Groovy, Linux scripting
- Container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Cloud ecosystems AWS/Azure/GCP
- Puppet/Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Perforce, Git version control systems
- 8+ years of Software development experience
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- BS degree in a related field, MS preferred
What We’d Like to See
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration using Kubernetes and exposure to deployment methodologies
- Understanding of Kubernetes network architecture how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in Git and repository management
- Proficiency in a high-level language like Python, Java and/or Ruby
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Chef, Spinnaker, and Puppet
- Experience with system administration on Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure or Google GCP
- Knowledge of setting up logging, monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Sensu or Sumologic
- Excellent communication skills
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN