Architect - Cloud
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28371
Position Title: Development Architect
Excited to join the team that is building next generation Enterprise Cloud product portfolio? You are in the right place. Informatica is on an ambitious Cloud mission to discover, analyze, map, and integrate all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to understand and manage master data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows/Integration in the enterprise.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Cloud Architect with experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our team in India to be part of our cloud journey.
As our Cloud Architect, you will be playing a vital role in architecting, designing, and building and enhancing our enterprise cloud product suites. You will take a lead in creating technology framework, providing technical leadership with focus on cloud computing and automation with designing systems that works with multi-cloud platforms. In the role of Architect, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the architect you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Own, develop and deliver Cloud Architecture, Design, Development, Vision and Strategy
- Work with Product Management and Engineering leaders to understand the vision, product roadmap and build forward looking Cloud Architecture & Design
- Hands on with building the early validation of the architecture, structure to build the code, and start and contribute to development within various Engineering groups
- Perform research on various technologies and evaluate how they can be integrated
- Develop set of proven deployable and documented design patterns based on Informatica product portfolio
- Demonstrate the “Why” part on architecture/decisions with pros and cons and ability make data driven decisions
- Get the feedback from telemetry, Customers representatives like Support org, Engineering and keep refining the cloud architecture delivery iteratively
- Contribute to DEVOPS development activities and complex development tasks
- Advise and educate stakeholders on the benefits of proposed approaches to software and solutions development
- Advocate software engineering best practices including secured application development
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Working Experience and proven expertise of cloud architecture and implementation with features like multi-tenancy, high availability, telemetry, elasticity, security.
- Solid experience architecting and designing products for Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP preferably using Java stack
- Good experience in distributed systems, Microservices architecture, Event driven architecture, Domain driven Design, Cloud native delivery tools with low latency responses
- Systems “build from scratch” experience: Have experience in designing and developing significant “back-end” components for databases, applications, data management, operating systems, or virtualization technologies.
- System “integration & design” experience: Knowledgeable with what “off the shelf” components are available including open source. Familiar with pros and cons of major options for persistence, virtualization/containers/clustering, data processing frameworks.
- Technical judgement: Knows when to build from scratch and when to use “off the shelf” component – and which one to use for given use case.
- System admin: intimately familiar with core “system” concepts for Linux. Can do capacity planning for cloud deployments. Knows how to define and build monitoring and measurement metrics. Strong emphasis on automation: If someone needs to execute a command twice, automate first. Excellent knowledge of Linux, caches, queues, streams, distributed systems, and APIs.
- Efficiency, Performance, and scalability: Have implemented complex systems that can perform and scale well under load using minimum resources. Knows which knobs are available and tweakable.
- Deep understanding of AI, Operational use of utilizing AI/ML to drive high availability low cost cloud solution
- Excellent knowledge and experience on cloud Non-Functional Requirements and quantify the benefits and incorporate in the design with no compromise on Cloud First design
- Proven and demonstrated ability to architect the application with high availability, supporting Hyper-scale, debuggability, security, compliance
- Ability to work in high paced environment with “Release Anytime” concept
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Excellent knowledge of modern cloud operational and monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Sumo Logic, Panopta
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices, Experience in handling high volume transactions, Data transfers, Data limits, Metering, and throttling
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Engineer at heart. Like to code and do not mind rolling up sleeves to get things done.
- Lifelong learner; Enjoys working with engineers and mentoring junior ones; Comfortable working with senior leaders and general managers
- Enjoys working in fast-paced, no-nonsense, diverse, and collaborative environment. We take our culture seriously and are very proud of it.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 15+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 6+ years’ Cloud experience in Cloud Architecture with high scale cloud product delivery
- Strong experience in Kubernetes, Networks, Security, Distributed systems with hyper-scale and very hyper volume systems
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Architect - Cloud
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN