Global Head of User Experience
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28373
Position Title: VP, Product Development
Informatica is currently looking for a Global Head of User Experience to lead a talented and growing global UX team in Redwood City, CA.
As the Global head of User Experience, you'll drive the overall user experience across a rich portfolio of Informatica products that serve a wide range of personas - from developers to business users. In the role of Global head of User Experience, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Global head of User Experience, you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You'll Use
- Collaboration tools & processes (MS teams, Confluence, Jira)
- Design tools (Sketch, InVision, Axure RP)
What You'll Do
- Lead UX initiatives across all Informatica products
- Foster organization-wide 'customer-first' design focus
- Manage, mentor, and coach a global UX team
- Define and develop measurable goals for the team
- Manage budget and allocate resources across all initiatives
- Partner with product management, engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders to deliver on the product strategy and vision built on the UX strategy
- 15+ years of UX experience, managing and building teams while delivering enterprise products and solutions.
- Bachelor's or Masters in HCI, Industrial/Visual Design, Behavioral Science, or related discipline.
- Experience successfully leading and directing a sizeable UX team
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX design best practices, trends, and emerging technologies
What Does Success Look Like?
- You'll be the design champion, and deliver the creative vision to build next-generation products and services
- You'll lead the charge in driving the evolution of a world-class design system
- Driving the UX to support Informatica's ML vision
- You're able to navigate ambiguity, can empathize with customers, and can thoughtfully persuade and secure buy-in from crucial product leaders
- You have a passion for inspiring a design-first, customer-first culture
Nice to Have
- Experience leading global teams that created high-quality enterprise and consumer software
- Strong background in Cloud platforms & applications (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Success driving the evolution of one or more sophisticated design systems
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Global Head of User Experience
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US