Legal Counsel, Asia Pacific
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 28414
Position Title: Senior Contracts Analyst
We are Informatica- the globally recognized leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management! Our software is used to manage the data of some of the most visible Fortune 500 entities and government agencies in the world. We have thousands of customers and employees, and we operate all over the globe. Our software is helping to build self-driving electric cars and coordinate innovative cancer research! We are offering you the opportunity to join a legal team that tackles an interesting and diverse set of challenges around software licensing, cloud computing, international regulatory compliance, corporate matters and more. You will have the opportunity to help manage legal aspects of our relationships with customers, vendors and partners and to ensure our compliance with general data privacy and other industry-specific regulations and standards.
The Informatica Legal team is a diverse, creative and collaborative group of professionals who are well-respected across the organization. We contribute to Informatica’s success by forging close relationships with members of other functional groups and identifying and resolving legal issues on a proactive basis. Legal team members prioritize and follow through on a wide variety of projects simultaneously, which provides an excellent opportunity for both personal achievement and for professional growth.
You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, draft and negotiate contracts, and balance legal and business concerns. Experience with issues pertaining to software licensing, cloud computing, product development, open source, IP, inbound technology licensing, commercial law and revenue recognition is preferred.
Our Ideal Candidate
You work well in a fast-paced, multicultural, challenging environment as part of an international team of dynamic legal professionals and can communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management. The role will report to the Legal Director, Asia-Pacific in Informatica’s Legal Department. The role will involve presentational and training requirements to sales and other staff on legal department and licensing policy and procedures. The role will require flexibility and effective priority-management to ensure an appropriate level of service to the internal customer balanced with the aims of the legal department.
The candidate may be required to liaise with outside counsel on various legal matters. Some traveling may be required. The candidate must be fluent (speaking, reading and writing) in English and proficiency in at least one other Asian language would be an advantage.
You bring your experience with licensing to provide legal support for technology transactions. In detail, you will:
- Provide legal support for product related technology transactions, including negotiating and drafting technology licensing agreements, OEM agreements, cloud subscription agreements, professional services, support services, and related distribution/partner agreements
- Advise business and technical colleagues on broad range of legal subject areas, including general commercial, privacy, data protection and intellectual property issues
- Maintain relationships with managers in the various Informatica business units in order to stay familiar with business plans and goals (and how these would affect Informatica’s position in contract negotiations)
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently
- Assist in license compliance initiatives as necessary
- Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned
- Liaise with corporate legal on other areas of law according to local requirements (eg Privacy/GDPR, employment, corporate governance etc)
- Qualified in a common law jurisdiction with 3 years’ post-qualification experience as a qualified solicitor in a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Experience in the technology industry with experience relating software licensing and Cloud services an advantage
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- High integrity, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under strict deadline pressures
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills and significant experience in working closely with both internal clients and customers/partners
- Ability to influence others in a group as well as conduct negotiations in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible and able to react promptly
- Understanding of contract and negotiation principles in the business and legal context, including a working knowledge of revenue recognition rules
- Good sense of humor and team player while being able to work independently
State: New South Wales
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Legal Counsel, Asia Pacific
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU