Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28435
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
The QA team is responsible for ensuring functionally high quality including performance and scalability of the Cloud Mass Ingestion Databases and PowerExchange products, the area of Change Data Capture in particular – which captures changes to a database for the tables one is interested in. Engineers in the team are responsible for developing, executing and automating test cases.
you will participate in the testing effort to ensure enterprise quality software levels for Informatica’ s CDC offerings. You will be working in a small team based in Bangalore, who in turn form part of the larger Informatica QA department; spanning Austin, UK, Russia, and India. You will have the chance to drive forward the automation testing of capture and relational data access within this group. You will be part of the move to Continuous integration and continuous delivery and have direct visibility of the importance of your work.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking at hiring a senior QA Engineer for the Cloud Mass Ingestion Databases team at Informatica who shall be responsible for all aspects of the QA process including hands-on functional testing along with designing and driving automation. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test programs to assure high product quality, design and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications.
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities.
- Design, develop and maintain test programs including test tools and automated test suites.
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues.
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review.
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA peers and other stakeholders in the QA organization.
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems.
- Able to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products. Interacts with and influences other groups on same product and cross product groups and Geographies
- Create and maintain automated tests within the current framework and make suggestions for improvement
- You will be involved with production product upgrades to the Informatica Cloud offerings that will require live verification of production systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- 5 to 10 years of software testing experience
- Excellent knowledge of JAVA
- Test case automation experience (Test NG)
- Experience of RDBMS (MSSQL, MySQL, DB2)
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows environments.
- Good knowledge in writing sql scripts for RDBMS
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Must have a strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Unix OS
- Experience with docker
- Understanding of Database internals.
- Able to write perl/shell scripts
- Knowledge of informatica or any Data management / ETL product.
- Work experience in Automation tools such as selenium, QTP, eclipse based plugins, etc.
- Experience in QA of products on cloud is a plus
- Experience in Big data is a plus
- Knowledge in capture domain
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Experience of performance testing
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN