Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28444
Position Title: Product Manager 3
We’re always on the lookout for people with the same qualities as Informatica itself. We gained our market leading position through hard work, strong focus, incredible dedication and exceptional performance – the very virtues we are looking for in new Informatica people.
We need people who carve their own niche, quickly understand priorities and know what needs to be done to get things moving. We expect our people to adapt to an informal atmosphere and appreciate the tremendous advantage of being surrounded by dedicated experts.
In return, we offer the unique opportunity to join one of the most visionary, exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world, working with advanced technology and great products that are truly changing and improving the way our customers do business.
As a Product Manager for Data Governance and Data Marketplace you will be focused on our data democratisation features both on-premises and in the cloud.
Informatica has been recognised as a leader by Gartner and counts many Fortune 500 customers amongst its customer base. You will work with this customer base, Informatica Partners as well as internal groups such as product management peers, product marketing, technical sales and customer support to continue to build on existing success and take the product to the next level.
You will manage the product requirements and their prioritisation working closely with the R&D team. You will work with external constituents such as customers, prospects, and partners.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have prior experience working as a Product Manager within the Enterprise Software market and been involved in bringing products to market.
You are familiar with Data Governance concepts and markets as well as Data Management topics such as Data Quality, Data Integration, Master Data Management. You feel comfortable with technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse customer base, and can expand adoption across different channels and partner ecosystems.
You work collaboratively with architecture, product engineering, marketing, sales and services to drive success and results for our industry leading Intelligent Data Governance Products. You enjoy working with a diverse range of people to achieve business success.
Based in our Bangalore office, you will:
- Gather and analyse data governance use cases across a variety of project and data types, gaining a deep understanding of their goals and value
- Prioritise the product requirements and manage the backlog for on-premise and big data releases
- Define the product roadmap for future releases
- Collaborate with R&D team members to ensure timely release and seamless delivery to market
- Contribute to regular product development team meetings
- Provide and review acceptance criteria with the engineering teams
- Develop materials for field enablement, technical scope and training
- Lead data democratisation requirements in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with internal teams such as customer support, professional services and specialist teams to review requirements and opportunities
- Liaise with Product Marketing on go-to-market initiatives and customer success
- Experience in Product Management for an Enterprise Software vendor
- Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, iPaaS) Experience desirable
- Understanding of data governance methodology and practice
- Familiarity with Data Management markets and related applications
- Proven experience in competitive analysis and market understanding and trends
- Demonstrated success working with internal and external partner teams
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple requirements and interactions with other teams
- Experience in a technical field with data analysis, definition, manipulation, documentation and implementation of data management requirements
- Experience in enterprise applications, enterprise data management products in traditional and cloud environments
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Proven organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
- Willing to travel (usually up to 25%) for customer visits and trade shows, as well as Informatica offices worldwide
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN