INTERN GLOBAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 28462
Position Title: Intern-Customer Support - 4YR
Informatica is currently looking for an Intern with excellent communication skills, a passion for trouble-shooting and excellent technical skills to join our team in Dublin, Ireland.
As an Intern in our Global Customer Support team, you will be responsible for providing world class technical support for the World's Number One Data Integration platform - https://www.informatica.com/products/data-integration.html. As an Intern, you will will provide technical support to external customers and internal teams i.e. Professional Services, etc.
Technology You'll Use
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Web Services, WSDL and SOAP.
- A good level of experience with C++ and/or Java would be beneficial.
- Oracle or SQL Server i.e. ability to construct complex SQL statements.
What You'll Do
Your primary responsibilities will involve troubleshooting, analysing complex technical problems and working with the customer and Informatica development to resolve technical roadblocks. You will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources for resolution in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will manage communications with customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing customer issues within our CRM system.
- Manage customer support technical issues on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to customers, partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviour to determine the problem root-cause and to find work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with other teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- Enrolled in a BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- A high degree of analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work constructively together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Fluency in another European language is a bonus.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: INTERN GLOBAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE