Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 28485
Position Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer with a proven record of accomplishment doing Technical support for Software products (Cloud or On-premise) to join our Global Customer Support team. In this role, you will use your analytical skills and influencer for becoming a trusted adviser to our customers on technical issues. You would also get opportunities to work with cross-functional Informatica teams across Product R&D, Customer Success, and Professional Services teams. As an employee with Informatica's Global Customer Support Team:
You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected to the worldwide Informatica technical pool.
Thriving in a fast-paced support environment, you'll work with our customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to Informatica's flagship products like PowerCenter, Data Quality, Data Catalog, and Data Engineering along with Cloud ecosystems like AWS, Azure with a multitude of new-gen apps and databases.
What you’ll Do
As an integral part of the Global Customer Support team, you will provide technical support for Informatica products. The Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Diagnose and resolve technical inquiries related to Informatica software products
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Analysis of exceptions and logs to isolate root cause and help in product’s usability and improve end-user experience
- Ensure that knowledge management and data capture processes are adhered to and encourage and help convert technical solutions are converted to Knowledgebase articles
- Approaching complex technical issues with varying perceptions and making use of opportunities to create and implement productivity tools
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships
- Liaise with Product R&D and Product Management teams on technical discussions as required to ensure tracking and resolution of bugs and fixes
- Continuously enhancing knowledge through training and e-learning courses
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to aid in identifying, reporting, and resolving product defects.
- Review business procedures and processes to improve quality of service
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of industry experience OR Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience either as a technical support engineer for enterprise application or as an implementation consultant or developer with experience in front-line contact with customers/Clients.
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice.
- Experience in various operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Strong understanding of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Experience with Web Services/WSDL, SOAP, XML, XML Schemas, Java, and J2ee Servers is an added advantage
- Experience with Informatica Data Quality product
What Does Success Look Like?
- Constructively work together as a team sharing ideas.
- A high degree of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A natural leader who strives for excellence and is known for his/her prodigious technical ability.
- Possess good communication and customer-relationship skills - responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that allow you to adapt to new circumstances and to learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Apply your superior technical Skills to meet service request SLAs, meet, and exceed customer expectations.
Alternative Location(s) : Cary, NC
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US