Location: City, US
Job Number: 28500
Position Title: Senior Consultant
The Informatica Professional Services Senior Consultant develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities, typically onsite at the customer's location. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Recognized thought leader in field of expertise
- Substantial contributor to documented best practices, white papers, guides, and process improvement
- Engages in the most complex customer environments and challenging projects and achieve successful outcomes.
- Share expert level knowledge through mentoring, educational development and delivery, speaking engagements and blogs, and other social media outreach
- Provides key product enhancement, design and new release feedback to R&D
- Executes on the cutting edge of product roll out including ‘first time’ installations, projects, and use cases with new technology
- Travel to customer sites typically exceeds 50%, but may exceed 75% for extended periods, as applicable to the customer engagement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
- Thorough understanding of Informatica business priorities, strategy and direction.
- Works across the organization and maintains/builds strong working relationships based in experiences/past interactions.
- Significant experience leading the Technical Delivery of Enterprise Data management projects
- Certified in multiple components of Informatica and Third-Party toolsets
- Expert level database and data management skills
- Published industry white papers, best practices, field guides and external communications
- Expert delivery of complex implementations in 2 or more technology areas
- Experience in implementing technology solutions outside of their area of expertise
- Developed ability in communicating to executive level audiences in both interpersonal and presentation formats.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
Knowledge and experience with Cloud-Native applications including Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live, or othersExperience with MongoDB and CDWs such as Snowflake and Redshift is a plus
Hands-on experience with Cloud Infrastructure Platforms such as AWS , MSFT Azure and/or GCP. Certification on one or more of these platforms is a plus.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US