Senior Business Analyst
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28509
Position Title: Senior IT Business Systems Analyst
As IT Application group, we design, build and maintain the Enterprise systems that play a vital role in executing Informatica’ s vision as a leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. We live by the IT values that encapsulate usage of frontline technology to drive business value based on strong expertise and robust delivery processes.
Informatica IT leverages technical excellence to promote business solutions for team members, customers, and partners. Team members can expect a fast-paced, technically challenging environment where an individual’s contributions directly impact the group’s success. The IT team is a highly energetic group of people who collaborates, values different opinions, are quick learners and are motivated by the challenges of the technology industry.
In this role, you will be reporting to the IT Senior Manager, Applications based in Bangalore, India. You will be part of a tightly knit, high-energy IT Web Applications team, where you will have the opportunity to expand your skills working with a portfolio of Web Applications for customer support and success. The Web Applications team is responsible for our global web presence across the enterprise with an external customer base in excess of 150,000 people. You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself with a wide variety of projects, and many opportunities to make a positive impact and grow your career. You will use your domain knowledge and techno-functional expertise on web portals to define innovative solutions which are also maintainable and are based on industry best practices.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an organized and collaborative Business Analyst with excellent documentation, communication, analytical and technical aptitude with the ability to deliver innovative Web solutions for the business and the company. You are a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known to be strong on delivering great solutions the right way based on world class delivery processes that exceed customer expectations. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships throughout the business and IT, leveraging your thorough understanding of Web technologies and its value proposition for our company. You will manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple web technologies. You need to understand the big picture, including best practices, as well as an ability to apply a disciplined and detail-oriented approach to execution.
You will be a go-to person representing IT, collaborating with our Global Customer Support organization, helping to drive and support our Customer Success for our global business. This involves various web touch points for customers – Customer Success Portal (Micro Learning), Adoption to Renewal, Fulfillment to Activation and Informatica Network (Forums).
- Establishing yourself as the functional SME providing support for our Customer Success Web Applications
- Uncover needs that business stakeholders and end users would not be able to articulate on their own
- Create and maintain functional specification documentation, E2E business process design/flow, UAT scripts and documentation support for enablement
- Building strong relationships among the business and IT team, managing customer expectations and translating requirements into effective web solutions
- Representing the technical team and working closely with business teams to understand the business landscape, technical guidelines and best practices
- Coherent requirement articulation and improve portfolio level requirements visibility
- Adapts to changes in business strategy and ensure that requirements are realigned across systems as well working with other Business Analysts
- Identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise services
- Managing and coordinating vendor support, in conjunction with our global team where necessary, for project deployments and critical operational issues
- Managing and communicating the status of deliverables, issues and risks across multiple work streams
- Effectively collaborates with geographically distributed teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field
- 5 or more years of demonstrated experience as Business Analyst delivering Web Applications
- Delivering projects in scope, on time and within budget
- Leading all phases of the project lifecycle, including requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and support
- Effectively articulate and quantify business benefits for business-stated needs across systems consistently
- Drives consensus for a desired future state that meets the business needs and is aligned with enterprise objectives
- Understanding of Web usability and user-centered design
- Experience with creating wireframes and prototypes
- Converting business requirements to Epics and Stories
- Thorough knowledge of Web application design and proficiency in HTML
- Excellent understanding of CMS platforms and Metadata management
- Expertise in driving SEO projects
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and initiative
- Establish effective communication with business stakeholders and ensure consistent functional discussions with the stakeholders
- Strong technical aptitude, including a thorough understanding of web applications and an ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies
- Excellent written, verbal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Capacity to control and manage priorities and schedule, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Diplomacy in resolving project issues and developing consensus, collaboration and coordination in difficult business and technical situations
- Aptitude for implementing alternatives to execute projects and processes in a faster, more efficient or more cost-effective manner
- Experience with Web Analytics tools
- Worked with both Agile, and Waterfall SDLC
- Good process engineering skills to quickly understand, create and document multiple inter-related business processes of varying complexity
- MBA or Certified Business Analyst or equivalent experience
- Experience with Customer Success Management domain
- Experience working with Adoption to Renew and/or Fulfillment to Activation business processes
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Strong organization skills
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN