Senior Tax Analyst
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28526
Position Title: Senior Tax Accountant
Informatica is currently looking for a senior tax analyst with experience in income tax provision and compliance to join our global tax team based in Redwood City. We are a team that enjoy working together, have constant open communication, and collaborate with key departments across the organization, including Finance, Accounting, Legal, Treasury and M&A business groups with a focus on achieving the best overall outcome for the Company when it comes to addressing tax issues.
As a senior tax analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the tax provision, compliance, and special projects. In the role of senior tax analyst, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the senior tax analyst you must have strong technical, communication, and collaboration skills.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provision and related footnote disclosures for SEC filings.
- Maintain documentation of tax policies, procedures and process controls in compliance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Analyze with the preparation and review of the workpaper for US income tax compliance.
- Assist with reviewing federal and state estimated tax and extension calculations, payments, and filings.
- Identify, design and implement process improvements for efficient and effective tax compliance & tax provision reporting and planning.
- Respond to notices from tax authorities and audits.
- Assist with special tax projects.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Business or related field; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant multi-national corporate tax experience. Both public accounting and private industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of conceptual and computational aspects of tax provision, effective rate analysis and financial statement disclosure
- Highly proficient with MS Office software (high aptitude for MS Excel)
- Experience with Corptax or similar provision/compliance system
- Possess efficient research and writing skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Team oriented person capable of working independently to drive projects to completion.
- Energetic, flexible team player with the ability to adapt in a fast-growing environment
What Does Success Look Like?
You have analytical skills matched with superb communication. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You will have a demonstrated strong project management experience including ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; detail-oriented and self-initiate programs. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Develop useful and specific recommendations and communicate results effectively to all levels of management
- Use your organizational skills to create a productive workflow that the larger team can understand and follow efficiently
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset with regard to tax processes, streamlining and automation of recurring calculations, internal controls and implementation of best practices.
- Keep up to date with tax legislation, SEC Regulations, and US GAAP changes, practice and global developments
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree in Masters in Taxation
- Working knowledge of corporate income tax laws, including domestic, international, state and local
- Experience in TCJA international provisions (GILTI, FDII, BEAT and FTC)
- Knowledge of Oracle, Alteryx, Corptax Tax Provision/Compliance and/or other software a plus
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Tax Analyst
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US