Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28532
Position Title: Manager, Development
Informatica Database Ingestion and Replication is a relatively new and fast growing product helping our customers easily ingest and replicate data from traditional databases to their cloud data lakes and cloud data warehouses. Our team is focused on rapidly expanding the breadth of the sources and targets that we support along with ongoing core infrastructure enhancements.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software to take responsibility for a small but expanding team in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for managing an engineering team that designs, develops and delivers a significant aspect of the ingestion and replication product, primarily in the connectivity area whilst also potentially contributing to infrastructure enhancements. You will participate in and deliver connectivity solutions that can work with a range of on-premise sources and cloud targets across all the major cloud ecosystems.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual with high standards of excellence to help accelerate the delivery of our ingestion and replication solutions whilst leading, growing and inspiring the development team. The ideal candidate will have solid management and delivery skills combined with several years of hands-on experience working in enterprise software development.
As an integral part of the Database Ingestion and Replication team, you will be responsible for the following –
- Development of connectivity and infrastructure components.
- Managing and leading the development team towards new releases and maintenance of earlier releases, which includes technical evaluation, estimation, development and dev quality process
- Collaborating with peers, including QA managers, architects, product manager, program manager, documentation manager
- Working with customer support organization in delivering hotfixes, emergency bug fixes and patches on a need basis
- Hiring engineers and performance review of direct reports
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to team members
- Reporting to the VP of Development on all aspects of product development and team management
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
About 12 years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products and solutions, with at least 2 years in a management role
Experience in hiring developers, conducting performance reviews, developing technical and project proposals is mandatory
Excellent coding and design skills in Java and related technologies
Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Windows is mandatory
Experience with database concepts, SQL programming and/or NoSQL technologies is mandatory
Good working knowledge of the following is definitely an advantage
- Familiarity with cloud ecosystems and associated connectivity
- Cloud microservice infrastructures
- REST APIs
- Continuous integration and delivery
The following skills are also important
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong understanding of Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN