Network & Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 28539
Position Title: Network Engineer
Informatica is looking for a talented and energetic Network & Infrastructure Engineer, to be based in our Austin, TX office. As one of the primary engineers supporting Informatica’s global data network and systems architecture in over 25 countries, you’ll be part of Informatica’s worldwide Infrastructure team, driving the design, deployment, monitoring, and support of our high-speed wired and wireless network connectivity systems and tools, both on-prem and in the cloud.
As a Network & Infrastructure Engineer , you will be responsible for wireless network administration and troubleshooting, local and global load-balancing, firewalls, remote access VPN, SD-WAN, network and systems automation, DHCP, IPAM, bandwidth capacity management, compute maintenance and deployment, storage provisioning and SAN configuration. In the role of Network & Infrastructure Engineer you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Network & Infrastructure Engineer you must have strong technical, communication and collaboration skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Cisco routing and switching (LAN WAN, VLAN, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, HSRP)
- Cisco wireless networking technologies
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Cloud network technology - AWS, Azure, and Google
- Multi-factor authentication technologies such as Okta Verify
- Silverpeak SDWAN technology
- Cisco UCS and HP server class systems
- Fabric Interconnects and SAN connectivity
- F5 load balancers
What You’ll Do
- Manage, administer and maintain data center class network technologies centered around Cisco core infrastructure
- Seamlessly integrate traditional on-premise network infrastructure with cloud-based network technology
- Manage, and maintain Palo Alto firewall technologies to ensure a high degree of security and resilience is maintained at all time
- Manage and maintain a highly resilience SDWAN infrastructure centered around Silverpeak technologies
- Implement and administer data-center grade compute and storage technology
- Plan and maintain computer and storage interconnectivity
- Enable high availability, SSL acceleration and SSL offloading via F5 Big IP technology
- Support a global estate of network and computer infrastructure across multiple locations and work
- Work closely with distributed teams in a global environment
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in IT Operations, Network Engineering and Systems Engineering in a critical 24x7 environment
- 2+ years of project management experience, including experience managing the rollout of network solutions across a multi-site enterprise
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining Cisco UCS and HP Class compute infrastructure
What Does Success Look Like?
- You utilize your excellent server and networking infrastructure knowledge to accomplish the seamless implementation of enterprise-grade network and compute across.
- The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a lean and high-performing IT organization of over 400 people who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers supporting an employee base of over 5,000 people in 25 countries.
Nice to Have
- Professional certifications in networking desirable i.e. CCNP, PCNSE, etc.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Network & Infrastructure Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US