Product Specialist - Java, Bigdata
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28554
Position Title: Product Specialist
Our team provides technical support for Informatica products. Informatica is complex, enterprise-level software application used by fortune 500 organizations. We play a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’s reputation within customers. We’re the frontline troubleshooters, the direct line to our customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth. Our technical support team is being ranked #1, continuously for 12 years, in customer loyalty for the Data Integration sector, within the globe
We are looking for a Product Specialist/Senior Product Specialist, with a proven record of accomplishment in technical field to join our Advanced Support team.
As an employee with Informatica,
- You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected onto the worldwide Informatica technical pool.
- Thriving in a fast-paced and complex Informatica environment, you’ll work with our Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog Customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to the product and its connectors, Database, OS, Network etc.
- On the job training and on-going learning and development are a key part of why our professionals are widely respected and are treated as world number one in technical support arena
Our Ideal Candidate
- You’re a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known as a resourceful and prodigious technical ability.
- You possess good communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- You comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- You’re advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- You are expert JAVA programmer, and have in-depth knowledge on Programming and systems (OS etc.)
- Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet requirement and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Inspire and motivate people to rally support behind the vision, make it sharable by everyone.
This key individual will serve as Product Specialist for both internal and external customers. This individual would be resolving Advanced technical support issues by actively engaging customers via calls or emails. The individual will work closely with internal development and support staff to solve technical product problems and provide third line support.
Primary responsibilities involve troubleshooting complex technical problems and working with the customer and Informatica development to resolve technical roadblocks. This individual will also facilitate, drive and support the customers' implementation process, working closely with our customers' implementation teams and Informatica technical support engineers. Individual will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage technical issues daily. Assess, isolate and diagnose the problem, suggest potential fixes to R&D and resolving the issue.
- Provide technical assistance(/advise) to support engineers, partners, sales engineers
and post-sales consultants.
- Provide root-cause analysis for customer issues.
- Replicate product bugs to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams assist in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Contribute knowledge via authoring (/reviewing) whitepapers, articles etc.
- Provide regular reports to management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function..
- A BE/ME/BTech/MTech in Computer Science or related technical field,
- 3-6 years of industry experience in Developing/supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience as programmer in Java / REST is required
- Experience JAVA Debugging skills in Thread & Heap dump analysis.
- Experience in RDBMS like Oracle.
- Experience in Hadoop (Cloudera or HDP) (Yarn, HDFS, Zookeeper, Spark).
- Experience in GraphDB (Janus)
- Experience in Solr & HBase.
- Experience in Security (SSL / Kerberos)
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools like Cognos, OBI, QlikView.
- Experience in LINUX operating system
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills are essential.
- A high degree of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Constructively work together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Product Specialist - Java, Bigdata
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN