Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28564
Position Title: Senior Consultant
We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. We make our customers successful on Informatica products. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in consulting helps us.
As a Professional Services Consultant, you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to manage and maintain Informatica products for our customers. The Consultant will work closely with the various integrated internal Informatica teams, other Informatica Consultants, customer/partner resources, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure customer’s success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty.
This position requires a skilled Consultant with strong knowledge of Informatica products like PC (Power Center) administration, operational activities and implementation experience. The successful candidate will support the Informatica customer implementations. Working with or within a team, the consultant will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.
Our Ideal Candidate
You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy – and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a team of Informatica and/or Business Partners. You take a primary point of contact role with clients and/or Informatica stakeholders. Your problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing issues and challenges. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Analyze issues that may occur in a customer environment
- Support overall PC, DQ or IICS environments of customer
- Develop and design new modules/enhancements
- Support administration of PC or IICS environments
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted team player
- Understanding of Hadoop ecosystem is preferable
- Exposure of Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus
- Knowledge of related Informatica emerging tech products e.g. EDC, Axon or DPM will be a plus
You are responsible for making our customers successful by supporting them on administration related tasks on their environments along with supporting enhancements requested by them on their Informatica PC, IDQ or Cloud environments. You work in association with other Informatica Consultants, team members in the effective use and deployment of Informatica products.
- Support variety of Informatica DI/DQ applications e.g. PC/DQ/IICS etc.
- Support Informatica upgrades and installation related areas
- Perform and migrate development activities on various modules
- Support enhancement on the different areas of implemented product/s
- Proactively work with the team on managing and monitoring customer environments
- Support P0/P1 escalations
- Document and review requirements, services requests, enhancements, operational activities, technical and specifications changes
- Apply Informatica’ s Velocity Methodology and Best Practices during incidents, enhancements and SR’s with ability to coach and mentor customers in the adoption of Velocity
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles
- Provide regular reports to communicate customer environment status, both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- Up to 6 years of working experience in Informatica PC, SQL and Unix environment
- Experience with product implementations, administration, installation and configuration and/or Hadoop integration project execution
- Knowledge on Cloud PaaS solution is preferred
- Experience on other emerging product is a plus (Enterprise Data Catalogue(EDC), Enterprise Data Lake(EDL), Axon, Data Privacy Management etc.)
- Must be able to solve problem outside your areas of expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
Additional skills preferred
- Experience in working on cloud environments as AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
- Experience in Linux/ Red Hat environment and shell script programming
- Expert-level database skills in Oracle, MS SQL Server or new generation data management software such as Teradata, Greenplum, Redshift, etc.
- Administration skills in Hadoop ecosystems such as HDInsight, Cloudera etc.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN