Senior Software Engineer
Location: Maidenhead, GB
Job Number: 28581
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in designing and developing large scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services to join our team in Maidenhead.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the Informatica Cloud Database Ingestion Service – a service that enables you to ingest data, at scale, from selected data sources and transfer the data with low latency to messaging systems and big data targets. In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use
- Worked with data-intensive and multi-threaded products with high performance and scalability requirements.
- Strong programming skills and significant Java programming experience.
- Deep understanding of web service technologies (HTTP, REST, JSON).
- Java application servers (Tomcat, Jetty).
- Spring Boot.
- Experience in using IDE and build tools (Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, Jenkins).
- Developing on multiple platforms (Windows, Linux).
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG).
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
What You’ll Do
- You will participate in the development effort of our cloud and on-premise based software within the Replication and Adapter Technology business unit.
- You will be involved in developing a solution on Informatica’s microservices based cloud platform, using the latest cutting-edge cloud technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 4+ years of enterprise software development experience.
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or within a small team.
- Lead development on small to medium features and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery.
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules.
- Work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive testing.
- Give sprint demos to PMs and other stake holders to show progress against requirements.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation.
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems.
- Responsible for performance and scalability of the features.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You are an experienced software engineer who has deep system expertise.
- You have experience in developing large scale distributed enterprise application and platform services.
- You enjoy working on technically challenging projects.
- You are willing to work on many different projects and interested in assuming various responsibilities.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-pace development environment, self-motivated with strong inter-personal and communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience of continuous integration/delivery.
- JVM performance tuning.
- Experience working with public cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Messaging technologies (Kafka, JGroups).
- Expertise in database programming and database application development.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Maidenhead, GB