Software Engineer - Product Security
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28596
Position Title: Software Engineer
Informatica is the clear market leader of the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) and on-prem Data Integration software providers with a wide variety of products like Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management, and other Enterprise Information Management. Thousands of customers rely on our service to move billions of records daily. The Product Security team plays a key role in the success of Informatica’s Product and Cloud Transformation journey. We implement industry-leading technologies and practices to bake in scalability, reliability, and security during product design. We ensure security and compliance are integral parts of Informatica’s core values of continuous innovation and customer delight.
- Define and manage the end to end process of Secure SDLC for reporting and remediating vulnerabilities across all Informatica products, applications, and services.
- Act as technical subject matter expert for secure application design reviews, technical application design reference architectures, and secure code development practices.
- Closely work with engineering teams to analyze the root cause and remedy
- Help improve security and risk posture and solve scalability challenges with engineering teams
- Automating security assessments to make the global security team more efficient, integrating systems and processes together, ultimately finding security flaws
- Build and maintain processes that enable developers to self-serve for most operational tasks.
- Participate in Perform threat modeling, conduct reviews of security architecture and platform/service designs, and audit source code
- Introduce and develop new approaches for vulnerability hunting. Suggest and guide new approaches/ tools for efficient issue detection
- Exposure to DevOps automation like Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins) for integrating product security lifecycle with CI/CD pipelines
- A degree in Computer Science in Software engineering or Information technology or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role in the areas of Security Operations, Threat Intelligence, Cyber Incident Response, or Penetration Testing/Red Team
- Familiarity with the leading tool-sets including continuous penetration testing(with a thorough understanding of OWASP Top 10), automation, and SAST/DAST/SCA tools (Veracode, BlackDuck, Burp, Zap, etc).
- Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or Unix family of OS and their underlying components/ Networking basics.
- Advanced experience using analysis tools (e.g. file/network/OS monitoring tools and/or debuggers)
- Advanced knowledge of system internals and security mechanisms
- Hands-on experience in scripting e.g.Bourne/Korn Shell, Python/Perl/Ruby/Go with exposure to CI/CD tools, AWS/Azure/GCP Cloud, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.
- Very comfortable working in an agile DevOps oriented capacity, alongside Development partners
- Possess analytical skills and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
Nice to Have:
- Security Certifications
- Excellent programming experience (design, coding & debugging) and secure code review skills for applications built on modern tech stacks like Java, Node, Go, PHP, Python, Angular, React, NoSQL, etc.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Experience in training R&D Teams on Secure Coding practices through workshops providing practical insight into the mind of a hacker.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Product Security
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN