Presales Manager, Commercial West
Location: San Francisco, California US
Job Number: 28598
Position Title: Manager, Presales
Manager, Commercial PreSales West
Manages pre-sales technical staff and support activities for the development and implementation of complex products, applications, and solutions. Develops detailed customer installation and integration plans. Provides and/or oversees pre-sales technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations. Works with marketing and product managers to define new products. Serves as company liaison on specific technical projects with customers. May provide product feasibility analysis in support of sales efforts with sales representatives. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, explains, and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers.
• Promotes the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives while building long-term relationships with customers.
• Serves as a technical coach to colleagues in sales, professional services, product management and engineering.
• May prepare and deliver differentiated solution presentations/demonstrations or technical proposals to prospective customers.
• Qualifies, manages, monitors technical validation activities, including demos, workshops, proof of concepts.
• Coordinates and organizes demand generating activities like Accounts days, tradeshows, marketing events or customer workshops.
• Manages a team of consultants and resources: allocation of pre- sales for each opportunity (Lead SC), training, review.
• Holds self and team accountable for timely documentation, as applicable, within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.).
• Drives team readiness managing hiring process timely, conducting performance reviews, coaching and developing team technical skills.
• Speaks in customer / marketing forums to increase brand awareness and propagate Informatica solutions/platform and gain mindshare and marketshare.
Knowledge & Skills
• Uses experienced leadership skills to manage, mentor, and influence the work of others within the presales team.
• Delivers upon strategic initiatives and communicates adeptly across the organization.
• Demonstrated industry technical knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
• Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, negotiation, and executive presence skills.
• Independently determines approach to managing team and daily operations.
• Enthusiastic leader with demonstrated ability to lead and compel others to achieve objectives.
• Identifies, selects, and grows team by imparting knowledge transfer and developing presales staff as individuals and as a team.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
City: San Francisco
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Presales Manager, Commercial West
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US