Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28606
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will work with a world class Engineering team to design and build next generation microservices based Enterprise Cloud platform using latest cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS. You will be responsible for architecture, design and building our next generation cloud product. In the role of Lead Software Engineer, you must be able to work in and adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Lead Software Engineer, you must have strong communication, collaboration, technical and leadership skills
Technology You’ll Use not limited to the following:
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic)
- J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
- MVC and coding patterns, object-oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Unit testing techniques for Web UI, Ant, JUnit, Eclipse
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership team to understand the vision, product roadmap and build the key product capabilities.
- Take part in the full application development lifecycle and own the technology product roadmap
- Investigating, designing, and developing features individually or with a small team, and composing feature design documents
- Leading feature development and following through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Providing detailed estimates of projects and meeting project schedules
- Assist with product delivery by writing code, unit testing, automated test suites and reviewing pull requests
- Giving iteration demos to show progress against requirements
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Taking architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using Java or .NET, Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Excellent hands on experience with Object Oriented Design and development like Java, Microsoft.NET and good experience in Relational Database like Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Leads the development of code for new or existing software of significant complexity, that may involve coordination of multiple teams/development workstreams.
- Owns a major technology or common shareable feature across several projects.
- Negotiates process, metrics and targets with external teams.
- Authors, reviews and approves requirements and designs for domains within multiple projects.
- Recognized as an expert and acts within the team as ""go to person.""
- structures and algorithms within domain that result in significant performance improvements
- Building Application with Micro Services with end to end low latency response
- Can quickly get up to speed on any project or technology.
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
Education / Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering with Cloud Development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN