Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28612
Position Title: Sr DevOps Engineer
Senior Devops Engineer
Informatica MDM is a leader in master data management solutions and is used by major companies in the financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare and retail industries. Informatica MDM solutions include Customer 360, Product 360, Reference 360 and Customer 360 Insights and are offered as both on-prem and hosted offerings. Our hosting team which works out of multiple locations builds, deploys and manages hosted offerings for various global clients. In doing so, our hosting team works with Clients, Cloud providers (AWS, Azure), Systems Integrators, R&D, Product Management and Global Customer Support teams.
You are a bright, organized, and dedicated engineer with deep knowledge in Linux administration, experience working on Java based applications and application servers such as JBoss, RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server, networking and server monitoring, and excellent understanding of Software engineering methodologies and practices. You will be a key member of the 24 x 7 hosting team and will work with clients, system integrators, cloud providers and internal product and support teams to provide a superior customer experience to our global customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a motivated, organized, and technically competent individual, who has excellent communication skills, has hands-on experience in hosted operations, a strong analytical mind, has been involved with monitoring automation of daily tasks, and is proficient in procedure and process documentation. You are capable of working with managed hosting vendors, and effectively coordinating multiple projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Support day-to-day application management in a multi-protocol environment; ensure product delivery process and customer satisfaction that exceeds published service levels.
- On-board and manage customers through a well-structured and efficient process.
- Setup infrastructure components including servers, networking, firewall, security and storage.
- Install, Configure and Monitor operating systems, applications and databases.
- Run, Monitor and provide reports on Initial and Delta loads.
- Automate infrastructure and solution deployment tasks using tools like Ansible and Chef.
- Address customer reported issues promptly and build solution documentation for reuse.
- Work with engineering teams where applicable in debugging critical product issues.
- Implement operations harness to support development and testing activities.
- Automate end to end monitoring and build related dashboards and analytics
- 3 to 6 years experience in managing infrastructure, administration and operations for enterprise software products in the Data management, CRM, ERP or similar spaces
- Overall Network/IT administration experience in administering Cloud computing production environment and critical business services.
- Ability to work under considerable pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal and team communications skills are essential; must be able to clearly document processes, policies, and procedures in a timely basis.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with Tomcat Web Server and administration.
- Extensive administration knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems on an enterprise level.
- Experience in RDBMS such as MySQL, MSSQL Server, DB2 and Oracle.
- Experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Elasticsearch, HBase and Hive.
- Understanding of multi-protocol environment and possess basic network management knowledge and skills.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure monitoring tools, and SaaS application measurement tools.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Storage and Backup technologies.
- Knowledge of MDM is a big plus.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN