Technical Support Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 28663
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Informatica has strategically located Global Customer Support Centers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. This Technical Support Engineer role is based in our Redwood City, CA office. Our single mission is to provide customers with world class technical support to ensure successful implementation of their business solutions using Informatica’s products.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a technical engineer, with a proven record of accomplishment in technical field to join our MDM Technical Support team.
As an employee with Informatica,
- You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected onto the worldwide Informatica technical pool.
- Thriving in a fast-paced MDM environment, you’ll work with our MDM customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to MDM product and its peripheries like database, OS, Appservers etc.
- On the job training and on-going learning and development are a key part of why our professionals are widely respected and are treated as world number one in technical support arena.
- You possess good communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- Are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- You’re advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet requirement, and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Inspire and motivate people to rally support behind the vision, make it sharable by everyone.
As a part of the MDM Technical Support, you will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the MDM support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that MDM is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage customer support technical issues on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- College degree or equivalent technical experience.
- At least 4 years of tech support experience in the software industry.
- Excellent analysis, debugging and trouble-shooting skills, and persistence in problem solving
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think about complex problems and come up with creative solutions
- Strong analytic capability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Development and/or Technical Support Experience with J2EE applications, especially as implemented on BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss is a plus
- Hands-on experience trouble shooting Java and J2EE related errors
- Thorough understanding of data modeling, physical schema properties, triggers, stored procedures, and database backup, restore and recovery processes.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US