Director, Benefits- North America
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 28664
Position Title: Director, Benefits
This position is based in Austin, TX.
Informatica is currently looking for a Director of North America Benefits with experience in benefits programs including vacation, holiday, time off, sick pay, unemployment, retirement plans, disability, flexible spending, service awards, group health/medical/dental coverage, vendor management, wellness and health education initiatives, and life insurance to join our team in Austin, TX.
As a Director of North America Benefits you will be responsible for developing programs designed to keep employees informed about company benefit plans and any proposed changes. Ensure that programs are current with regards to trends, practices and costs. You will also negotiate coverage, services and costs with carriers and brokers. In the role of Director of North America Benefits, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. You must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
What You’ll Do
- Manages team of Benefit Analyst(s) to provide advice and support to HR Leaders on all benefit matters.
- Manage broker relationships and partner with them to continually review plan design for effectiveness, compliance, and consistency with market trends.
- Analyze and evaluate existing benefit plan provisions, track new developments in the benefits field and recommend program changes. Work closely with the company’s broker to identify opportunities to improve benefits programs and ensure that the relative value of plans delivered to employees is competitive to the market.
- Drive premium renewal negotiations; work with the broker to interpret and analyze participation, utilization and claims information, incorporating findings into future benefits design and company financial planning process.
- Support the Head of Total Rewards in conducting cost/benefit analysis and prepare detailed proposals and business cases for Senior Executives and Plan Administration Committee approval.
- Working with global benefits team, develop and lead corporate wellness initiatives, with the aim of encouraging employees to lead a healthy lifestyle and in the long term contain increasing health care costs.
- Oversee the 401(k) Fiduciary Committee and ensure facilitation of request between auditor and internal stakeholders such as Payroll and Accounting.
- Act as final escalation contact for escalated issues on benefits and leave of absence plans with regards to interpretation of plan provisions and requirements and resolution of administration and policy issues and questions.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with global HR leaders, HR Business Partners, finance partners, and other internal teams who support benefits throughout the company.
- Key Essentials
- Uses expert leadership skill in collaboration and prioritization to direct and influence operations in the functional area.
- The position is focused on North America Benefits, but will be asked to partner with the International Benefits and Compensation teams for additional support.
- Frequent engagement with top level executives to provide functional expertise advice that influences business unit strategy.
- Uses functional area strategy and direction from senior leadership, as well as long term business objectives, to guide work and direct the work of others.
- Creates an environment that promotes the identification and development of talent, as well as planning for future talent needs of the organization.
- High level of interpersonal skills with empathy for fellow colleagues and strong team player approach
- Ability to manage and grow a team in a positive manner through influence
What Does Success Look Like?
- Capitalize on skills and experience to manage and improve. Proactive, innovative mindset to drive continuous growth and improvement for industry leading programs.
- Demonstrated success in the design and implementation of successful benefits that results in an outstanding employee experience
- Continue to expand on wellness program to position Informatica in a market-leading way
- Partner well internally and externally
Nice to Have
- Experience with self-insured benefits programs
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred
- Experience with HR systems integrations
- Global Benefits experience preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth company and/or private equity environment
- Knowledgeable of compensation and benefits analysis, trends, and best practices as well as practical approaches and solutions.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Benefits- North America
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US