Manager, Technical Support
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 28666
Position Title: Manager, Technical Support
Our Ideal Candidate
The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages a team of Technical Support Engineers who provide advice, solutions, and resolution support to customers on the company's products.
- Assigns and monitors workload for optimal performance of the team.
- Handles customer escalations by engaging appropriate resources.
- Manages staffing requirements, as per the geographic location, to ensure coverage for holiday, weekend, or staff vacations.
- Motivates team members to achieve peak performance.
- Mentors team members for career and individual development and monitors progress.
- Reviews work quality of the team and provides constructive feedback.
- Monitors the operational metrics to assess dynamic changes.
- Collaborates with R&D and CoE on product issues and fixes.
- Directly engages with customer on an as-needed basis (e.g. escalations, surveys, or general service).
- Fosters an environment for knowledge sharing across functions/teams.
- Proactively identifies knowledge/skill gaps for the team and individuals then collaborates with internal/external groups to fill the gaps.
- Collaborates with Product Specialist and R&D engineering teams for knowledge transfer to the team on the newer functionalities (or releases) for enhanced customer support.
- Accountable for hiring of staff and coordination with business, Finance, and HR stakeholders on necessary requirements to hire the right candidate.
- Creates/Encourages the right conditions, process, or training for the new hire, to ensure ramp time is minimal but most effective.
- Understands the motivation of individual members and creates the environment for high rates of retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 9+ years of industry experience
- 9+ years of industry experience with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Master’s degree in Computer Science related technical field supporting mission critical software components
- Should have prior Technical Support Manager experience from a Cloud based company
- Leadership skills to manage, mentor, and influence the work of others within the functional area.
- Problem-solver who demonstrates good judgment when handling ambiguity.
- Player-Coach with a mind for strategy and process, but who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and help to solve challenging problems for customers directly.
- Experience in technical support of databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, etc) or big data systems (Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Spark, etc)Experience in a public cloud environment, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform;
- Delivers upon strategic initiatives and communicates adeptly across the organization.
- Clearly communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Uses business objectives or assignments to guide own work and to direct the work of others.
- Identifies, selects, and grows team by imparting knowledge transfer and developing staff as individuals and as a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Technical Support
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US