Location: Stockholm, SE
Job Number: 28669
Position Title: Solutions Consultant
Primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Account Manager to qualify and do discovery around sales opportunities, to influence and develop sales account strategy, and to position technology around competitive threats and alternatives.
- Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our solutions and products, effectively communicate the key core value prop and key differentiators, and to confirm Informatica technical viability for the opportunity
- Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects of RFIs and RFPs, identifies competitive landscape, expected competitive behavior, and known competitive preferences.
- As the owner of the technical sales process, owns and manages the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection and technical closure with the customer (technical presentations, POCs, demos…)
- Collaborates with Implementation Team and Customer Success to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Implementation Provider (Partner/IPS) or Success Managers.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. contact information, opportunity details, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Attends and completes in person, on demand, and online enablement for Sales and/or Presales as needed.
- Routinely explains and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers up to and including large global institutions, including Informatica’s most complex accounts.
- At this level, will focus on increasingly complex accounts/opportunities and will draw upon feedback, materials and information provided by more senior Solutions Consultants.
Knowledge & Skills
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Leverages industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills.
- Deep understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and ability to lead and compel others to get on board.
- Ability to build consultative effectiveness and establish trust with internal and external customers.
- Developing technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and product.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Presales Consultant
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, SE