Principal QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28677
Position Title: Principal QA Engineer
The Informatica Connectivity team is responsible for building high quality Connectivity products for the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality and other Information Management solutions as a service on the cloud. Connectors allows access to hundreds of Cloud/SAAS/On Prem end-points. Thousands of customers rely on our services for moving billions of records every day.
As a Principal QA of the Informatica Connector team, you will work with world class engineers to design, build and test the next generation, connectors using the latest cutting-edge cloud technologies, such as Amazon AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker and Kubernetes. You will be responsible for developing automation frameworks, conducting functional and non-functional tests with efficient usage of automation tools and API testing. The position is suited for highly motivated, innovative and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the latest technology stack. You will work on a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the cloud and big data space.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional with the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are an expert at developing test frameworks for REST APIs and Selenium using Java. You have significant experience in testing large scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, with strong inter-personal and communication skills. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
- Complete ownership of feature, involvement as quality engineer in design inception, development, testing, automation and release to Production.
- Oversee the overall QA lifecycle, from test planning, to implementation, execution and results reporting with minimal supervision.
- Drive the quality road map and implementation of standards, methods, metrics and procedures ensuring top quality of informatica products.
- Proactively analyze current processes and suggest improvements.
- Be a hands-on technical architect and lead the team to shape the testing strategy, testing execution and performance for a scalable, multi-tier cloud product
- Drive test automation and ensure we have an efficient and effective regression test cycle
- Design and develop reusable, extensible and compatible test frameworks and tools.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the organization
- Work closely with Development lead, Product Managers (PM), Global customer service, Professional Services (IPS), etc. to validate the solutions built for industry segments
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent course
- 9+ years of software testing and automation experience.
- Strong knowledge in Java
- Hands-on experience building REST-assured or Jersey-Test Framework
- Strong hands-on experience in developing UI Frameworks using Selenium/Java/Robot
- Must have strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience working in Unix/Linux
- Hands-on experience working with Dockers/Containers/Kubernetes/Spinnaker/Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL’s for relational databases (Like MySQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge on ETL/BI Testing is desirable.
- Good knowledge in CI/CD tools implementation and practices.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr
- Hands-on experience in performance and load testing using Apache JMeter or similar tools.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal QA Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN