Desktop Systems Support Associate
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 28682
Position Title: Desktop Systems Associate
We’re currently looking for a Desktop Systems Support Associate. You will be responsible for providing IT support across a wide range of services to internal Informatica customers for the EMEA region. A key part of your role will be to work closely with IT’s regional customers to better understand their needs and to propose technical solutions to day-to-day business problems. The role is based in our EMEA Headquarters and reports into the End User Services Manager.
You will be responsible for providing IT support across a wide range of services to internal Informatica customers for the EMEA region. A key part of your role will be to work closely with IT’s regional customers to better understand their needs and to propose technical solutions to day-to-day business problems. The role is based at Dublin, IE office and reports into the End User Services Support manager.
You have extensive experience with front line and second line IT support. Must have strong customer-focused skills with service and solution-orientated approach dealing with users. Strong communication skills and be able to influence and persuade people. Must be analytical and able to apply structured approaches to problem-solving. Must be well-organized, good at prioritizing and attentive to detail. Excellent time management skills and ability to work to strict timescales. Must be self-motivated and can work alone as well as in a team.
As our Desktop Systems Support Associate you will be responsible for:
- Being the local IT point of contact for the business
- Collecting feedback from customers and acting as a translator between IT and the business and understanding how Informatica’s business works
- Acting as a technical consultant for the business, solving technical problems that add business value
- Initial setup of IT services as part of the new hire process (incl. delivering IT induction)
- Ongoing configuration and maintenance of IT-supported hardware and software standards
- Software and hardware installation, setup and configuration (e.g. system imaging)
- Software and hardware fault analysis, troubleshooting and fault resolution
- Occasionally conducting training programs such as brown-bag sessions designed to educate Informatica’s internal users about getting the most from their applications
- Ad hoc setup and configuration of desk telephone equipment and softphones
- Provide second-level application support for various productivity applications and tools
- IT support of regional office moves, expansions, and acquisitions
- IT support as part of project roll-outs and migrations
- Providing executive support and special event management support
- Providing emergency support for regional sites
In the role of Desktop Systems Support Associate, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the End User Services Analyst you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
What We’d Like to See
- Experience in a desktop support role in IT
- Industry recognized engineering, computer science or IT Bachelor level degree
- Must have very good knowledge of computer hardware and software in general
- Proven track record supporting MS Windows operating systems (particularly Windows 7 and 10), Active Directory and MS Office (including MS Outlook)
- Must be flexible in terms of availability and ability to travel to other regional offices (around 25% of the time). Driving licence is essential.
- Must have good written and verbal English skills
- Linux and/or Apple Mac Experience
- Familiarity with phone systems such as Cisco VoIP desk phones
- Experience working on projects
- Experience in a Customer Support call center environment
- Experience using a helpdesk or IT issue and problems tracking system such as ServiceNow
- Experience setting up and configuring Lenovo laptops and desktops
- Experience setting up new offices from the ground up (including cabling and other IT services)
- Has worked in large multi-national environments that span the globe
- A good understanding of “Quality” as it relates to customer satisfaction
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Systems Support Associate
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE