Senior Director, Customer Advocacy
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28688
Position Title: Senior Director, Marketing Communications
Informatica is currently looking for a Sr. Director of Customer Advocacy with experience in customer engagement to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
You will play the leading role, managing the team that is the liaison to our customers around the globe. You and your team will serve as the primary contact with customers to nurture relationships to foster loyalty and advocacy, capture and tell their stories, and to be an evangelist for customers inside and outside the company. Customer Advocacy’s charter is to help tell the Informatica story through the eyes and experiences of our customers, and you will be a key representative of the company, its charter and its values. Over 7,000 customers actively enjoy our market-leading products, and Informatica has been ranked #1 in customer loyalty by TNS for 11 years running. Their stories need to be told!
What You’ll Do
- Team management – Manage a team of 3-4 customer advocacy professionals, ensuring top performance with strong employee engagement through coaching, performance management and career development. Also, manage relationship with customer reference agency contractors.
- Build and lead a Customer Engagement and Advocacy group to empower Informatica’s sales organizations to develop great customer intimacy, reach C-suite executives, and strengthen relationships with top-tier Enterprise accounts leading to strong customer loyalty through repeat business and customers being vocal advocates
Develop a customer advocacy journey across all the various Informatica business functions, establishing co-ownership and buy-in with senior cross-functional stakeholders
- Play a vital role in assisting with account penetration, helping to accelerate sales pipelines and develop solutions messaging targeted at business decision makers and C-level audiences to better understand Informatica and the company’s value proposition
- Communicate often with Informatica Support, Services, Customer Success, Sales, Field Marketing and beyond to identify, track and remain informed of latest customer satisfaction information for Informatica’s leading customers.
- Articulate, deliver upon, and measure program goals, strategy and execution elements for multiple audiences across the entire sales lifecycle
- Be primary liaison for the self-service Informatica’s User Group program, working closely with regional leaders to share best practices
- Develop and deliver a customer benefit and loyalty program for top customer references
- Are willing/able to travel (domestic and international) up to 20% of your time
- Minimum of 8-10 years of directly relevant, hands-on marketing experience managing a Customer Advocacy program and team
- Solid business acumen, keen business analysis skills and strong direct marketing experience
- Proven Customer Advocacy background and customer-centric
- Experience working with C-level executives to build programs such as Executive Advisory Councils and Executive Sponsorship programs
- Skilled at creating genuine and relatable customer stories and content, with a focus on great business outcomes
- Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted customer loyalty programs that generate results
- Executive presence and demeanor; strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; can be equally effective in both formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers and business partners
- Reputation for achieving goals successfully; focusing on winning in the marketplace; impacting the bottom-line; constantly challenges self and others to deliver results; acting with a sense of urgency and seizing opportunities when they arise
- Able to thrive in a global matrix organization, leveraging and influencing others to achieve objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; MBA desirable
Nice to Have
- Strong experience in B2B software, software-as-a-service, professional services areas preferred
- Accomplished range of skills from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Customer Advocacy
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US