Principal User Experience Designer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 28710
Position Title: Principal User Experience Designer
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal User Experience Designer with experience in designing user experiences for enterprise data management products to join our team in Toronto, Canada.
As a Principal User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with a cross functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers to design a variety of user experiences and UIs for our Master Data Management products. In the role of Principal User Experience Designer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal User Experience Designer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Design tools (Axure RP, Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Collaboration tools & processes (MS teams, Confluence, Jira).
What You’ll Do
- Plan and deliver UX designs while working closely with global, cross-functional teams to create innovative user experiences for new and extended data-management offerings.
- Helpto plan and conduct stakeholder interviews, design workshops, and user research activities
- Synthesizeresults from user research into coherent user experience design solutions
- Createinformation architectures, task flows, user interaction models, wireframe screen flows, prototypes, detailed designs, design briefs, design specifications and guidelines with little direction
- Influenceproduct teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers
- Foster a fun, creative, collaborative spirit
- 8+ years of experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for web-based enterprise products
- Bachelor’s or Master’sdegree in related discipline (HCI, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, etc.)
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your design talent and skills in conceptual modelling, information architecture, user flows, information visualization, and mock-ups
- Expert knowledge and understanding of user-centered design process in product development environment
- Proven ability to generate end-to-end designs -- from concept through production detailing
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in global, cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, documentation and other UX professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency with wireframing and prototyping tools, such as Axure RP, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience using user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product direction
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
What Does Success Look Like?
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, working with other UX designers, researchers and product-team members to deliver best practices in UCD, information architecture, and interaction design
- Drive the UX design for assigned topics
- Youare able to navigate ambiguity, can empathize with customers, and can thoughtfully persuade and secure buy-in for the UX designs from crucial stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Experience designing user experiences for Master Data Management (MDM) or date management products
- Working with design systems as a consumer of it,or as a contributor
- Designing the UI framework for a product from its inception
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal User Experience Designer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA