Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 28714
Position Title: Principal Consultant PS
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal Consultant with experience in Enterprise Data Management Solutions to join our Informatica Professional Services team.
As a Principal Consultant, you will be responsible for acting independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. In the role of Principal Consultant, you must be able to lead, and be accountable for a small team when needed on client engagements. The Principal Consultant works and adapts in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal Consultant you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
What You’ll Do
- Analyzes complex enterprise architectures comprised of Informatica and non-informatica products
- Organizes large-scale technical development efforts and coordinates/leads multiple technical development/deployment teams
- Applies innovative design solutions by keeping current on new technology trends and changing enterprise architecture standards and patterns
- Develops and hosts Workshops, including Discovery and Requirements Gathering
- Hosts discussions with Business Users and C-level leadership, such as the CDO, CTO, CIO
- Holds broad expertise or unique knowledge to contribute to development of company objectives or to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgement in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Influences across segment, BU, and organization to achieve business goals.
- Provides advice and consultation within their professional discipline within and outside of functional area.
- Expert-level experience leading the Technical Delivery of multi-product/solution Enterprise Data Management projects
- Significant experience with and exposure to complementary (non-Informatica) technologies and Industry best practices, such as: Cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Deep exposure to one or more Industry Verticals (Finance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Banking, etc.)
- Expertly communicates to executive level audiences in interpersonal and presentation formats.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience
What Does Success Look Like?
Our sales team acquires a new logo and the client asks Informatica Professional Services to draw up a path to success for the them based on their recent acquisition of Informatica products.
Leveraging your Industry knowledge and experience, you take ownership of the discovery and requirements gathering sessions, work with the client on prioritization of Use Cases, coach the client though road map sessions, and develop an implementation strategy based on Informatica’s best practices.
Next, you take ownership of implementing the Use Case either independently or as part of a broader Informatica team, keeping an eye on adherence to quality and Informatica’s best practices.
You are quick to raise risks and timely in escalating issues to your Informatica leadership. You have an eye for detail and are timely in status updates to the client and Informatica leadership.
Throughout the client journey, you foster a ‘teach to fish’ approach with the client ensuring adoption and account expansion.
Nice to Have
- AWS, Azure or GCP Certified Administrator or Developer
- Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks
- Background in Hadoop/Big Data processing & ecosystems
- Background in Dockerization, Kubernetes
- Informatica Solution experience (IICS, MDM, Data Governance)
State: North Carolina
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US