Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28719
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Informatica Core Metadata Group delivers authoritative and trustworthy data quality to all stakeholders, all projects, and all data domains for all projects and all business applications—on premise or in the cloud—using a single, unified platform. The Data Governance (DG) team is part of Informatica’ s Core Metadata Group. Informatica Data Governance helps data-driven organizations realize the full potential value of their data assets while simultaneously managing risk and compliance. It enables data stewards, data architects and chief data officers to define, measure and monitor the effectiveness of their governance programs and ensures effective collaboration amongst all governance stakeholders throughout the organization
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software. In this role, you will be responsible for design, architecture and delivery of a product feature or component. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures
As an integral part of the Core Metadata team you will be responsible for the following:
- Be very hands-on in understanding the low-level working details of the product.
- Building highly scalable cloud native application.
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica’ s products.
- Working with product managers, quality assurance engineers and user experience designers to build the best products for our users
- Working in a small agile team of highly motivated and energetic professionals
- Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviors of the system
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast-growing distributed workplace
- BE/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience in developing innovative enterprise products using object-oriented languages.
- You have excellent knowledge and experience in Java and Java Enterprise
- Good experience in development tools like Eclipse/IntelliJ, Maven, Tomcat, Jira and Perforce is mandatory
- Deep knowledge of core java libraries and common design patterns.
- Strong experience in web technologies like Servlets, Spring, Tomcat
- Familiar with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Good knowledge of working in a Unix environment (shell scripts, build systems)
- Working Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is plus
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills.
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Energetic and motivated self-starter.
- Familiarity with Agile development process
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN