Communications and Digital Editor
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28726
Position Title: Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
Informatica is currently looking for a Communications and Digital Editor with extensive experience in copywriting and editing for a variety of digital formats including company news, advertising, social and Web to join our team in Redwood City, CA or Austin, TX.
As a Communications and Digital Editor, you will be responsible for collaborating with channel owners, content writers, product marketing teams, and agencies to drive consistent brand voice, and editorial style across all digital and brand touchpoints. In the role of Communications and Digital Editor, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Communications and Digital Editor you must have extensive experience in copywriting and editing for a variety of digital formats including company news, advertising, social and web that will captivate and drive engagement with a variety of audiences including journalists, prospects, influencers, customers web visitors.
What You’ll Do
• Work with media experts to refine campaign and ad-unit copy (banners, videos, paid search, social posts)
• Partner with SEO team to ensure every published piece is search-optimized
• Create engaging, impactful language and is adept at simplifying complex topics and delivering concise, compelling marketing copy for the digital space.
• Partner with content marketing team to tailor messaging for our digital personas, page templates, and components.
• Maintain high standards of copywriting, editing and proofing and contribute to continual improvements in editorial voice.
• Understand our brand narrative and how to match messaging to the right audience (customers, prospects, media, partners) to support the user journey.
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project leads to understand requirements, source information meet deadlines and secure approvals to ultimately marry content and visual design
• Create on-strategy copy for use on websites and media campaigns, ensuring copy will effectively support conversion goals and objectives
• Recommend excerpts from Customer Success stories for use in PR, Social and Web channels
• Be able to take multiple ideas and create something cohesive that is on brand
• Help develop and support an expanded company newsroom, serving as the editor for an ongoing news bureau. Help manage the newsroom’s creative publishing model, bringing company and industry stories to life, and integrating with PR outreach and social media strategy. Draft newsroom content, including company news and thought leadership blog posts.
• 12+ years of writing experience for corporate websites, ideally marketing for B2B technology companies. Agency experience a plus.
• A portfolio demonstrating relevant and inspired work.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience in planning, writing, editing, and managing a diverse portfolio of content including both short-form and long-form content with strong storytelling style that captivate and motivate call-to-action.
• Solid understanding of website design, content SEO, digital marketing, global technology companies, IT sector, and SaaS-based software.
• Experience writing news releases and knowledge of AP style guide
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels in a fast-paced environment
What Does Success Look Like?
• Increased engagement (clickthrough, consumption of assets)
• Strong brand voice and tone consistency on touch points (PR, advertising, social, web)
• Growth in brand recall and association measures
• Improved speed of publication and promotion (content drafted and posted in a timely manner)
• New opportunities identified, e.g. for campaign support, creative execution, and newsroom expansion
Nice to Have
• Previous journalism, ad copywriting experience at advertising, PR or communications agency
• Experience in scripting brand-level, short-form videos
• Working knowledge of German, French or Japanese languages
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX
Community / Marketing Title: Communications and Digital Editor
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US