Senior Public Relations Manager
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28727
Position Title: Senior Manager, Public Relations
Informatica is currently looking for a Senior PR Manager with experience in media relations strategy and execution, product PR, corporate and executive communications to join our team in Redwood City, CA
As a Senior PR Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for leading a combination of product PR, thought leadership, and executive communications programs. You will provide corporate communications counsel, and will also collaborate across teams, including product marketing, social media, and employee communications. The Senior PR Manager will have a strong command of media relations strategy and execution, and will support a variety of company news announcements, including product launches, awards, and merger and acquisition news. In the role of a Senior PR Manager, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior PR Manager you must have strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
What You’ll Do
- Support major product launch announcements and updates, reinforcing the company’s product innovation and company leadership.
- Work with product marketing and other teams to develop press materials including press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, Q&As, media alerts, speaking points and presentations.
- Handle a range of media relations, both directly and via agency support, to secure trade and business media coverage. Respond to media inquiries, craft responses, identify news angles, and staff executive interviews.
- Support thought leadership programs, including executive media briefings, executive byline placement, and executive social outreach.
- Work in collaboration with other PR team members, and jointly manage the agency to ensure strong results on core programs.
- Track key deliverables, coverage goals, and KPIs, providing updates to internal reports and plans.
- Work closely with internal marketing and Informatica PR agencies in the US and internationally to identify relevant and timely product news and to develop positioning, messages, timelines, story pitches and deliverables.
- 12+ years public relations work experience.
- Combination of corporate and agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in journalism, English or communications.
- Expertise/knowledge of software enterprise markets, and specifically data management industry, preferred.
- Extensive experience supporting a comprehensive, strategic media relations program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize between numerous high-profile projects and responsibilities; solid organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated skill in building relationships with top-tier technology and business reporters and editors.
- Experience preparing and supporting executive spokespersons for media interviews.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to achieving results.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Public Relations Manager
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US