Public Relations Manager, APJ
Location: Parkview Square, SG
Job Number: 28741
Position Title: Manager, Public Relations
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Communications, Informatica is looking for a Senior PR Manager will help elevate the profile of our company and help strengthen Informatica’s leadership position. The Senior PR Manager will lead a combination of product PR, thought leadership, and executive communications programs. You will provide corporate communications counsel, and will also collaborate across teams, including product marketing, social media, and employee communications. The Senior PR Manager will have a strong command of media relations strategy and execution, and will support a variety of company news announcements, including product launches, awards, and merger and acquisition news.
The APJ PR Manager will help elevate the profile of our company and help strengthen Informatica’s leadership position. The APJ PR Manager will lead a combination of product PR, thought leadership, and executive communications programs in Informatica’s key APJ markets, including Japan, Australia and Singapore. You will provide corporate communications counsel, and collaborate across teams, including regional marketing leaders, social media, and employee communications. The PR Manager will have a strong command of media relations strategy and execution, and will support a variety of company news announcements, including product launches, awards, and merger and acquisition news. The APJ PR Manager will coordinate closely with the global, U.S.-based team to deliver a consistent messaging and program, and also customize news angles and outreach as needed in each market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead APJ-wide coordination of PR programs, in synch with the global PR strategy and local market requirements.
- Support major product launch announcements and updates, reinforcing the company’s product innovation and company leadership.
- Develop press materials including press releases, pitch letters, Q&As, media alerts, speaking points and presentations.
- Handle a range of media relations, both directly and via agency support, to secure trade and business media coverage. Respond to media inquiries, identify news angles, and staff executive interviews.
- Support thought leadership programs, including executive media briefings and byline placement.
- Identify relevant, localized news angles, and develop positioning, messages, timelines, story pitches and deliverables.
- Work effectively across multiple teams, including the U.S.-based PR team, in-country marketing leaders and executive spokespersons to deliver effective PR programs that are consistent globally, and customized as-needed per market; jointly manage the agency to ensure strong results on core programs.
- Track key deliverables, coverage goals, and KPIs, providing updates to internal reports and plans.
- 8+ more years public relations work experience.
- Combination of corporate and agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in journalism, English or communications.
- Expertise/knowledge of software enterprise markets, and specifically data management industry, preferred.
- Experience managing PR program across multiple APJ countries.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage peers, executives and subject matter experts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize between numerous high-profile projects and responsibilities; solid organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated skill in building relationships with top-tier technology and business reporters and editors.
Travel: 10% within APJ and 10% globally (once travel restrictions are lifted.)
City: Parkview Square
Alternative Location(s) : Sydney
Community / Marketing Title: Public Relations Manager, APJ
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Parkview Square, SG