Lead Customer Reliability Engineer
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu IN
Job Number: 28745
Position Title: Lead Technical Support Engineer
Lead Customer Reliability Engineer – Cloud Ops
Informatica® is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to fuel innovation, become more agile and realize new growth opportunities, resulting in intelligent market disruptions. Customer support team plays a vital role in enabling customers to overcome the most complex data challenges and transform big ideas into new realities. Our technical support team being Globally Rated outstanding by TSIA prides in customer-centric culture and our close partnership towards accelerating our product adoption and successful implementations. Join us to be a part of a team who are passionate about delivering the best experience for our customers.
We are looking for a Cloud Ops Engineer with a proven record of accomplishment supporting software products (Cloud or On-premise) to join our Global Customer Support team. In this role, you will use your analytical skills and influencer for becoming a trusted adviser to our customers on operational tasks and issues. You would also get opportunities to work with cross-functional Informatica teams across Product R&D, Customer Success and Professional Services teams. As an employee with Informatica's Global Customer Support Team:
You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected onto the worldwide Informatica technical pool.
On the job training and on-going learning and development are a key part of why our professionals are widely respected and are treated as world number one in technical support arena.
Thriving in a fast-paced support environment, you'll work with our customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to Informatica's flagship products like PowerCenter, Master Data Management, Data Quality, Data Catalog, and Data Engineering along with Cloud ecosystems like AWS, Azure with multitude of new-gen apps and databases.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Diagnose and resolve technical inquiries related to Informatica’s hosted software products.
- Manage customers communications at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Own and manage Ops processes like RCA, critical incidents and monitoring/alerts.
- Lead a team of high performing technical/ops engineers to manage Informatica hosted servers for mission critical applications.
- Collaborate between Product Ops, Cloud Trust and various other internal teams
- Utilize information tools, training and experience to provide high level of customer satisfaction
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help customers and other technical specialists increase their efficiency with our products
- Acquire specialized knowledge in specific Informatica Products
- Liaise with site reliability engineers teams on technical discussions as required to ensure tracking and resolution of Change Requests
- Own on-call rotations and shift staffing
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 7+ years of industry experience
- Strong experience in Linux OS architecture and scripting knowledge is a must
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practices
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Cloud hosting infrastructure – AWS, Azure etc.
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Team player who shares ideas and resources
State: Tamil Nadu
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Customer Reliability Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chennai, Tamil Nadu IN